On 12.07.2015, a Joint Statement was signed between
(1) Political Cooperation- to enhance contacts at different levels, including regular high-level visits and official exchanges to facilitate closer consultations on bilateral, international and regional issues of mutual interest. The Sides welcomed the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding on cooperation in the field of elections between Central Commission on Elections and Conducting Referendum in
(2) Cooperation at regional and global level- to deepen interaction between the two countries in the international arena including the framework of United Nations Organization in order to strengthen the role of U.N. in adequately dealing with contemporary challenges and the threats to global peace and stability.
(3) Defence cooperation– for the development of defence ties through exchange of visits at Defence Minister level between the two countries and participation in U.N. peacekeeping operations.
(4) Economic cooperation- for establishment of direct business contact between the two countries through greater connectivity in the field of trade and tourism.
(5) Scientific and Technical Cooperation- for cooperation in sectors such as education and health through establishment of Tele-medicine links, with the support of Government of India, between highly specialized hospitals of
(6) Cultural and humanitarian cooperation- for enhancement of cultural and humanitarian cooperation, including exchange of students and to strengthen scientific-technical cooperation between researchers and students in Universities, research and analytical centers and private sector. The Sides welcomed the signing of Agreement on Cultural Cooperation and stressed the need to enhance cooperation between the peoples of the two countries in different forms of art, music, dance, theatre, cinema and other cultural manifestations.
-Press Information Bureau