On 12.08.2015, a Memorandum of Understanding was signed between India and Slovak Republic on technical cooperation in railway sector. The MoU signed between the Ministry of Railways, Government of India and the Ministry of Transport, Construction and Regional Development of the Slovak Republic is valid for a period of two years and will be automatically renewed for further successive period of two years after completion of valid term.
The MoU focuses on the cooperation in the following potential areas:
- Infrastructure building, station development and management and workshop modernisation.
- Information & communication technologies especially for passenger amenities.
- Modernisation of rolling stock.
- Modernisation of Signaling & Telecom.
- Any other area mutually agreed between the parties.
-Ministry of Railways