A Memorandum of Understanding ( MoU) signed between India and United States of America to enhance cooperation on energy security, clean energy and climate change .
The objective of the MoU is to enhance cooperation on energy security, clean energy and climate change through increased bilateral engagement and further joint initiatives for promoting sustainable growth. These activities are intended to increase incentives for innovation including research and development, and voluntary and mutually-agreed technology transfer, as well as the deployment of clean energy technologies in both countries; contribute to a global effort to curb the rise in greenhouse gas emissions; and enhance resilience to the impacts of climate change.
The Priority initiatives under the MoU would be:
- US-India Energy smart Cities Partnership
- Greening the Grid.
- Promoting Energy Access through Clean Energy (PEACE) expansion
- Energy Efficiency including space cooling
- Renewable energy.
- Energy security.
- Clean energy finance
- U.S-India partnership for Climate Resilience
- Air quality
- Forestry, Landscapes and REDD+
- Accelerating innovation on clean energy and climate change
Press Information Bureau