RGNUL Exagium 2016 provides a challenge to the reading, comprehending and writing skills of the students. The essay on the selected text should focus on the thematic concerns of the writer. Using the primary and secondary sources, the participants will write an analytical essay on the selected classic.
Essays must be original, logical and coherent. Essays should not be summaries. Essays should discuss the major issues/themes of the text. The analysis of the text must be supported with proper evidence and personal response. The participants will select a book from the list given below:
Name of the Book: Author
- Oedipus Rex: Sophocles
- Politics: Aristotle
- The Republic: Plato
- Madame Bovary: Gustave Flaubert
- Robinson Crusoe: Daniel Defoe
- Crime and Punishment: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- Mother: Maxim Gorky
- Sense and Sensibility: Jane Austen
- Lord of the Flies: William Golding
- The Great Gatsby: F.Scott Fitzgerald
- Antigone: Sophocles
- Pride and Prejudice: Jane Austen
- The Plague: Albert Camus
- To Kill a Mockingbird: Harper Lee
- Frankestein: Mary Shelley
- The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde: Robert Louis Stevenson
- The Discipline of Law: Lord Denning
- The Spirit of the Common Law: Roscoe Pound
- Wit and Wisdom: Nani Palkhivala
- Before Memory Fades: Fali S.Nariman
- Legal Eagles: Indu Bhan
- Revolution 2020: Chetan Bhagat
- The Test of My Life: Yuvraj Singh
- Playing it My Way: Sachin Tendulkar
- The Wings of Fire: A.P.J Abdul Kalam
- The Discovery of India: Jawaharlal Nehru
- The Annihilation of Caste: B R Ambedkar
Eligibility Criteria and Rules for the Competition:
- The competition is open to the students pursuing undergraduate (BALLB/ BA/B.Sc/B.Com/BBA/B.Tech/MBBS) or any other undergraduate and postgraduate courses (MA/LLM//MSc/MPhil/PhD) in any university/college across the globe.
- The students of RGNUL shall not be eligible for prizes but the best entries shall be felicitated with certificates of merit.
- Only original essays that have not been published or have not been accepted for publication should be mailed to email@example.com v Plagiarism of any form shall result in disqualification.
- No identification marks must be found in any part of the essay.
- Registration form is to be sent along with the hard copy of the essay.
- Registration form can be downloaded from the university website i.e. www.rgnul.ac.in. v The Essay must be written in English.
- The Essay must be type-written in 12 font size in Times New Roman with 1.5 line space. v The Essay should not be more than 3000 words.
- The Essay has to be submitted in MS-Word format.
Important Dates for Submission:
Soft copy of the Essay and scanned copies of ID Proof & Registration Form –2nd September 2016
Hard copy of Essay, Registration form and photocopy of ID Proof- 9th September 2016
Announcement of Winners- 2nd week of October 2016
- Cash prizes and Certificates of Merit shall be awarded to 3 best essays.
- Certificates of Participation shall be given to all the participants.
- 1st Prize: 6000INR
- 2nd Prize: 4000INR
- 3rd Prize: 2000INR
- Result shall be displayed on the university website www.rgnul.ac.in
For Guidelines and other details, click HERE