The Kerala Law Academy Law College kick starts the academic year for 2016-17 with a National Seminar on Forensic Science. The seminar scheduled to be held on the 29th of July, 2016 is organized by the Kerala Law Academy Law College in association with Centre for Advanced Legal Studies and Research (CALSAR). The venue for the seminar would be the V.R. Krishna Iyer Memorial Hall at the college campus, Peroorkada, Trivandrum, Kerala.
Invites for papers for the one day National Seminar on Law of Forensic Science: “The Art of Decoding Crime” is extended to Law Students, Academicians, Lawyers, Policy makers, and officials from various institutions; – and NGO, Social Activists, Social science researchers and faculty and research scholars. The papers to be presented are to concentrate on the below mentioned themes and sub-themes:
- FORENSIC EXAMINATION OF FRAUDULENT DOCUMENTS
- Scope and Meaning of Questionable Documents and Disputed Fingerprints
- Identification of Handwriting, Signatures and Forgery
- Role of Latest Scientific Instruments in Forensic Document Examination
- Legal Aspects
2. AUTOPSY: MEDICO-LEGAL ASPECTS
- Sudden Death: Causes and Medico-Legal Aspects
- Medico-Legal Aspects of Injuries In Case Of Dowry Deaths
- Poison and Their Medico-Legal Aspects
3. ADMISSIBILITY OF DNA EVIDENCE
- DNA Profiling Technique
- Case Study
4.RECENT ADVANCES IN FORENSIC SCIENCES
- The Polygraph (Lie Detector)
- Blood Spattering Analysis
- Constitutional Issues and Legal Aspects
There will be a registration fee of Rs 1000 for each participant as well as selected paper presenters. The registration fee need only be paid at time of registration on the date of the seminar, i.e., 29th of July 2016 at 8 am.
? Submission of Abstract: 15th of July, 2016.
? Intimation of Abstract Acceptance on or before 16th of July 2016.
? Submission of Full Paper on acceptance of abstract: 26th of July 2016
- Faculty in charge:
– Vidya V.V. (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy Law College) – Mob. 8891169626
– Prajitha P.G. (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy Law College) – Mob. 9961706340
- Student in charge:
– Anuradha P Nair – 9746289265
– Avinash Sagar – 9495013777
The abstracts for the papers should be submitted by mail to email@example.com. For further rules, regulations and additional details about the seminar, click HERE