About the Course:
- The course is being conducted by ILS Law College, in association with Taxsutra, Pune.
- The objective of the course is to provide orientation with the basic concepts of international taxation, covering income tax and transfer pricing, which affect the corporate entities.
- Course content:
- Residence versus source basis of taxation and Indian Income Tax Law’s approach on international taxation
- Why double taxation occurs and measures to avoid double taxation
- Double tax avoidance agreements – objectives, process of treaty negotiation and interpretation
- Model convention for avoidance of double taxation – OECD, UN and US and Indian tax treaties
- Key articles in model tax convention and Indian tax treaties – viz. residence, Permanent Establishment, Capital gains, Interest, Royalties and fees for technical services, Dependent Personal services and Independent Personal services, Other Income, Tax credits and non-discrimination
- Overview of issues relating to e-commerce transactions and withholding tax issues
- Landmark Indian jurisprudence on international taxation
- Overview of Indian transfer pricing
- Lectures shall be delivered by senior tax professionals. There shall also be special lectures by leading Senior Advocate/Judge/Senior Indian Revenue Official.
- Certification shall be issued to the student, who has:
- Attended 80% of the lectures;
- Participated in written case studies;
- Submitted technical research paper; and
- 60% correct answers in MCQ test.
Venue: ILS Law College, Pune : 411004
Eligibility: 3rd–5th B.A.LL.B./B.S.L., 2nd–3rd LL.B. and LL.M. students
Registration fee: Rs. 15,000/- inclusive of study material for ILS students and
Rs. 17,000/- inclusive of study material for Non-ILS students
Last date for registration: 25th July 2016
Payment Details: Payment can be made online, Demand Draft or cash transaction
- Online payment:
Step I: Select category – ‘Diploma Course in Corporate Laws’. New page will open, enter the Seat number or the PR number. (Take care that CORRECT details are filled)
Step II: Click on Submit. New page opens, verify your details. This is the last opportunity to make changes or modify the details. Click Confirm only when verified carefully
Step III: Payment window opens – with Payment modes – State Bank of India Internet Banking, Other Bank’s Internet Banking, Debit/Credit Cards and Cash Deposit. Select any one mode and fill in the required details according to the nature of transaction.
- Payment vide Demand Draft in favour of ‘Indian Law Society’
- Payment in cash in office.
Details will be posted form time to time at: http://www.ilslaw.edu/
Faculty Coordinator: Mrs. Smita Sabne: email@example.com
Student Coordinator: Saranya Mishra: +91 7506228224