GNLU Centre for Private International Law (GCPrIL) is organizing a training course on Jurisdiction, Choice and Enforcement- Interface of ‘Conflict of Laws’ in ‘Competition Law’ on 03-04 September, 2016.
- Manas Kumar Chaudhuri, Partner, Khaitan & Co.( Manas is a Partner/Co-Head at the Competition/Antitrust practice at Khaitan & Co and has been recognized as a Banded lawyer by the UK Chambers & Partners. He has also been named as a leading competition lawyer by the International Who’s Who of Competition Lawyers and Economists. Manas has over 29 years of legal experience in diverse fields of legal practice.)
- Stéphanie Rohlfing-Dijoux, Professor at Paris West University Nanterre La Défense
The first rank holder of the course shall get an opportunity to intern at Khaitan & Co provided the winner is either a 4th year or a 5th year student of the LL.B. curriculum.
Aim of the Course:
The course will explore the interface between Private International Law and Antitrust Law. The course is designed to familiarize the issues of Jurisdiction, Choice of Law, Recognition and enforcement in Antitrust Law. The course adopts a comparative teaching methodology to discuss private international law issues, its relevance with anti-trust principles evolved from time to time in different jurisdictions like US, EU and India. The course will also deal with specific case studies where Anti-trust law and Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) come in direct conflict with each other. A brief discussion on Sector Regulatory Laws and its impact on business with case laws. Furthermore, the course also discusses the reforms and responses of GoI to strengthen its Competition Law & Policy to deal with such Private International Law issues.
Who can apply:
Industry Professionals; Consultants; Practitioners; Academicians; Research Scholars; PG and UG Students.
- INR 5000/- (Industry Professionals/Consultants/Practitioners)
- INR 3500/- (Academicians & Research Scholars)
- INR 2000/- (Students).
How to Apply:
Follow the steps, Visit www.gnlu.ac.in >> Centres & Sections >> Centre for Private International Law >> GCPrIL Training Programme Series
Last Date of Applying: August 28, 2016
For more details, feel free to contact:
- Soaham Bajpai (Convener), Assistant Professor Research, email@example.com – 8128650845
- Abhishek Kakker (Student Coordinator), firstname.lastname@example.org – 7043917949