National Law University, Odisha is organizing a GIAN Credit Course on Corporate Governance in India as part of MHRD’s Global Initiative of Academic Networks (GIAN) from 19th-24th September, 2016.
This course is intended to provide an understanding of the specific governance issues involved in Indian companies. It examines the peculiarities such as the concentrated ownership structures where business families or the state tend to exercise significant control.
A study of India (and a comparison with other Asian jurisdictions) also provides an elegant framework to analyze the influence of legal regimes in business and finance generally and in corporate governance specifically. This course examines various aspects of corporate governance in India along with a comparative perspective.
Although India’s corporate governance mechanisms have been extensively transplanted from developed markets such as the US and the UK, there are specific factors in India that raise questions regarding the efficacy of such transplantation.
Name of the Faculty:
Prof. Umakanth Varottil, Associate Professor,
National University of Singapore
Duration of the Course & Credits:
This one week programme (19-24 September, 2016) spread over 17 hours. As per the MHRD GIAN guidelines, this course carries single credit and the same can be earned by participants upon successfully clearing the examination.
TIMINGS: 2.30 pm – 5.30 pm
Who should attend:
- Law Students (B.A.LL.B./B.B.A.LL.B./LL.M./Ph.D.)
- Faculty from Law schools, Universities, Colleges and Institutions of Higher Education
- Lawyers, In-house counsel involved in Corporate Law Practice
- Professionals from Industry
- Participants from Outside India: US $ 350
- Professionals/Lawyers/Industry: Rs. 10,000
- Faculty: Rs. 5,000
- Students: Rs. 2,500 (With valid Id cards)
- NLUO Faculty, Students, Ph.D. Scholars: No Registration Fees
Participants are requested to make their own arrangement for accommodation Candidates need to pay the registration fee through DD, in favor of the Registrar, National Law University Odisha, payable at Cuttack.
- Registration form with latest CV to be emailed to: email@example.com
- Last date of submission of application: 8 September, 2016
- Selected participants will be intimated by: 9 September, 2016
- Number of participants for the course will be limited to Fifty (50)
For further information please find the brochure attached
For any query please contact –
Joint Secretary cum Research Member
Centre for Corporate Law
For Brochure, refer gian brochure