The Kerala Law Academy Law College is organizing a National Seminar on Anti-Terrorism and Human Security on the 3rd of October, 2016. The seminar would be conducted in association with The Centre for Advanced Legal Studies and Research (CALSAR) in the college campus at Peroorkada, Trivandrum.
The National Seminar invite papers from Law Students, Students of Social, Economic and Political Department, Academicians, Lawyers, Policy makers, and officials from various institutions; – and NGO, Social Activists, Social science researchers and faculty and research scholars on the below mentioned themes and sub themes to be presented during the Seminar. The objective of this national seminar is to bring about a social-legal and policy clarification, among other things for effectively combating the global menus of terrorism.
THEMATIC BREAKUP OF PAPER PRESENTATION
1) TERRORISM UNDER INDIAN LAW
a) Anti-terrorism legislations like IPC, TADA and POTA including recent amendments
b) Legal Implications and difficulties of enforcement against Terrorism
c) Social, Economic and Political impact on Society.
2) ANTI TERRORISM LAWS AND INDIAN JUDICIARY
a) Judicial Interpretation on Terrorism
b) Constitutional Perspectives
3) HUMAN RIGHTS AND ANTI-TERRORISM
a) Rights of victims of terrorist attack
b) Protection of human rights while countering terrorism etc.
c) Rights of Juvenile Terrorist
4) INTERNATIONAL MEASURES TO COMBAT TERRORISM
a) Role of UN-International Treaties
b) Maritime Terrorism
c) Aircraft Hijacking
d) Related laws and enforcement.
- Submission of abstract: 20th of September, 2016.
- Intimation of abstract acceptance on or before 21st of September 2016.
- Submission of full paper on acceptance of abstract: 25th of September 2016
- Intimation of acceptance of full paper along with attached Registration Form: 30th of September 2016.
- Final Date for Completing Registration: 1st of October 2016.
FACULTY IN CHARGE
- Rakendu C.K. (UGC-SRF Reserach Scholar) Mob: 9497850014
- Jewel M. Panicker (UGC-NET Research Scholar) Mob: 9446836047
STUDENT IN CHARGE
- Sandeep Chandrasekharan Mob: 9496252495
- Anuradha P. Nair Mob: 9746289265
- Sachin. B Mob: 9446668991
For more details regarding the seminar and the submission of papers, click HERE