The Unique Identification Authority of India in exercise of the powers conferred by clause (h) of sub-section (2) of section 54 read with sub-section (1) of section 19 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 makes Unique Identification Authority of India (Transaction of Business at Meetings of the Authority) Regulation, 2016 regulating the transaction of business in the meetings of the Unique Identification Authority of India. It contains 17 Regulations dealing with respect to Meeting of the Authority, Power of Chief Executive Officer to take urgent action, Independence and Confidentiality, Reimbursement of expenses and removal of difficulties. Some of the Regulations are discussed below:
- There shall be no less than three meetings of the Authority in a financial year on such dates and at such places as the Chairperson may direct and the interval between any two meetings shall not in any case, be longer than five months: Provided that the first meeting of the Authority in a financial year shall be held in the first quarter of that financial year.
- The Chairperson shall preside over the meetings of the Authority
- The Chief Executive Officer shall participate in meeting of the Authority as Member Secretary of the Authority
- The quorum for any meeting of the Authority shall be two and no business shall be transacted at any meeting of the Authority unless the quorum is present throughout the meeting.
- The Chief Executive Officer shall be responsible for preparation of the agenda for each meeting of the Authority and circulation thereof to all the Members of the Authority at least a period of seven days before the date of each meeting: Provided that the Chief Executive Officer shall prepare the agenda of meeting in consultation with the Chairperson: Provided further that Chief Executive Officer may, in consultation with the Chairperson, amend or delete or add new item in the Agenda of business subsequent to its issue.
- If a Member has an interest in any item of business to be transacted at a meeting, he shall not participate or vote on such item and in such case, the decision on such item shall be taken by majority of the votes of other Members attending the meeting.
- Power of the Chief Executive Officer to take urgent action
- Any item of business or issue which requires decision of the Authority, if the Chairperson so directs, may be referred to Members by circulation of the matter as a resolution.
UNIQUE IDENTIFICATION AUTHROITY OF INDIA