Hidayatullah National Law University, Naya Raipur Chhattisgarh has announced its prestigious 5th Gurucharan Singh Tulsi National Legal Essay Writing Competition, 2016-17. The essay competition is in the name of reverent father of Mr. K.T.S Tulsi, the renowned senior advocate of Supreme Court of India. The topic for the essay is “Can criminal courts become mere recovery agents for the complainants”. The Competition is open to the students who are pursuing B.A.,LL.B./ LL.B./ LL.M. courses.
- The essay must be written in English.
- Co-authorship (maximum of two authors) is permitted. However, only one entry is allowed per author.
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere. Moreover any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of essay. HNLU reserves all the rights related to essay.
- No part of the essay, except the cover page, should contain any identification of author.
- There is no registration fee for essay competition.
- The submission shall consist of an abstract, essay and scanned copy of University/Institution’s Identity Card or filled registration form.
- An abstract should not be more than 300 words inclusive of title and keywords.
- The essay should not be more than 4000 words (excluding footnotes and abstract).
- Citations must be strictly in accordance with the Harvard Blue Book style (19th ed.)
- Registration form is to be sent along with the essay. The registration must be signed by head of University/Institution.(for registration form, see the last page) .
- All essays are to be submitted at email@example.com both word (doc or .docx) and PDF (.Pdf) format with the subject titled as ‘TITLE OF ESSAY: NAME OF AUTHOR(S) & INSTITUTION’.
Soft-copy submission: 25th January, 2017
Hard-Copy submission: 31st January, 2017
Hard Copy Submission Address:
Registrar, Hidayatullah National Law University,
Naya Raipur, Chhattisgarh- 492002
For further queries kindly contact:
Mahua Dutta: +91 9589351609
Sankalp Singh: +91 9455309511
Snehal Ranjan Shukla: +91 7440712504
For more details and registration form, click here