The Digital India programme is to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. Digital transformation is much more than just going paperless. It is about transforming the lives of people across societies through effective use of ever evolving robust technologies & methodologies. Behind this Government of India vision is for Digital India to digitize its services and connecting to the common people would become transformational by adopting the best practices and leveraging public-private partnership for creating a thriving ecosystem for the Industry makers. Government & private industry, both have vital role in social & financial inclusion, and to ensure its success.
With this background and as part of our role towards society, Symbiosis Law School, NOIDA in association with Indian National Bar Association (INBA) has organised a National Seminar on Privacy, Data Protection and Digital India on January 28, 2017. The timings are 09:00am – 01:45pm.
- Increase awareness of technological innovations among industry, consumer & users.
- To provide a common platform for professionals from legal, privacy and security community to network and promote privacy related awareness;
- To create and conduct general awareness on privacy, data breaches and data protection via regular programs, newsletters and conferences and share evolving trends and practices to community at large
- To work with experts, legal jurists, security professionals and private organizations in designing best practices and standards to balance evolving technologies that manage personal and sensitive personal information;
- Role of Start-ups, Entrepreneurs & Innovate business models in Technology & Social Inclusion
Resource persons at the seminar: Ms. Aruna Sundrarajan, Secretary, Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India;
Mr. S. Ramaswamy, Founder, Medha Advisors, Chair, General Counsel Section, INBA & Former VP Escorts Ltd.;
Mr. Kapil Chaudhary, Corporate Counsel, India & SAARC, Autodesk India Private Ltd.;
Mr. Salman Waris, Partner, TechLegis;
Mr. Srinjoy Banerjee, AVP (Intellectual Property & Data Privacy) and Legal Counsel, Genpact;
Prof. (Dr.) Tabrez Ahmad, Director, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies and
Mr. Kaviraj Singh, Secretary General, Indian National Bar Association.
Registration Process: Interested ones are informed and invited to register by an email to email@example.com and register. It is COMPULSORY for all Mooters and Fourth Year Learners who opted for Information Technology Law as an elective.To view the Schedule, click here
To know more about the Seminar, click here
For more information, contact:
Dr. Meenakshi Kaul, Assistant Professor & Head – Academic Initiatives, Research and Publication Cell
Mr. Saurabh Chandra, Assistant Professor & Head – Administration, Research and Publication Cell