ABOUT THE COMPETITION: With an objective to enhance the writing talents of young budding professionals, Legge Rhythms is coming up with the 2nd National Essay Writing Competition 2017.
THEME: “Effect of Legislative Changes on the Socio-Economic and Judicial Scenario of India- Regressive or Progressive.”
- Cyber Security Laws in India
- Freedom of Speech and Sedition Laws in India.
- Need for stronger Intellectual Property Rights
- Uniform Civil Code- An unborn child
- Reforms by NDA government- GST, Demonetization, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, Beef Ban, Anti Romeo Squad etc.
- Triple Talaq- Legitimacy
- Is Judiciary exceeding its power by exercising legislative powers?
Or any topic related to the theme or sub-themes
- The competition is open for all undergraduate and post graduates of law and allied subjects.
- Only original articles must be submitted. Plagiarism would lead to disqualification.
- The essay should be written in English.
- Word Limit- Not more than 3000 words. (exclusive of footnotes)
- The essay must be type written
o Headings – Font Size 16, Bold
o Sub Headings- Font Size 14, Bold italic
o Content- Font Size 12
o Font- Times New Roman
o Line Spacing- 1.5
o Citation- Blue Book 19th Edn.
o Margins- 2” on each side
- End notes are not allowed.
- Submissions should be made in .doc or .pdf format only
- Co-authorship is permitted up to 2 authors
- Submissions to be made on email@example.com
- No mark of identification should be made at the time of submissions.
ELIGIBILITY: Any student in their undergraduate or postgraduate courses can make submissions for this competition.
- 25TH MAY 2017 – Last Date of Online Registration and Payment of Fees
- 30TH MAY 2017 – Last Date of Submission
- 15TH JUNE 2017- Result Announcement
REGISTRATION FEE: 200 INR per author. 150 INR per author in case of co-authorship. (300 for 2 participants)
Contact details: Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Facebook: Legge Rhythms Instagram: legge_rhythms