Terms of Reference of the Committee:
The Committee shall make recommendations to SEBI on the following issues with the aim of improving standards of corporate governance of listed companies in India:
1. Ensuring independence in spirit of Independent Directors and their active participation in functioning of the company;
2. Improving safeguards and disclosures pertaining to Related Party Transactions;
3. Issues in accounting and auditing practices by listed companies;
4. Improving effectiveness of Board Evaluation practices;
5. Addressing issues faced by investors on voting and participation in general meetings;
6. Disclosure and transparency related issues;
7. Any other matter, as the Committee deems fit pertaining to corporate governance in India.
The committee shall endeavor to submit the report within a period of four months.
Securities and Exchange Board of India
[PR No.: 30/2017, Dated: June 02, 2017]