S.O. 2014(E) .—Whereas, the use of Aadhaar as identity document for delivery of services or benefits or subsidies simplifies the government delivery processes, brings in transparency and efficiency, and enables beneficiaries to get their entitlements directly in a convenient and seamless manner and Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity;
And whereas, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare in the Government of India is administering the family planning Schemes under the National Health Mission, for promotion of family planning among desirous beneficiaries, which are implemented by the State Governments and Union territory Administrations through the government health facilities or private accredited health facilities spread across the country;
And whereas, conditional cash assistance (hereinafter referred to as the benefit) is offered to the beneficiaries under the following Schemes (hereinafter referred to as the Schemes):
(i) Enhanced Compensation Scheme for Sterilisation for beneficiaries and service providers;
(ii) Post-Partum IUCD (PPIUCD) Incentive Scheme to beneficiaries and service providers;
(iii) Post-Abortion IUCD (PAIUCD) Incentive Scheme to beneficiaries and service providers;
(iv) Ensuring Spacing of Births (ESB) Scheme;
( v) Family Planning Indemnity Scheme (FPIS);
And whereas, the aforesaid Schemes involve recurring expenditure incurred from the Consolidated Fund of India;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the provisions of the section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (18 of 2016) (hereinafter referred to as the said Act), the Central Government in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare hereby notifies the following, namely: —
(1) An individual eligible to receive the benefit under the Schemes is, hereby, required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar number or undergo Aadhaar authentication
(2)Any individual entitled to receive the benefit under the Schemes, who does not possess the Aadhaar number or, has not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, is hereby required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment by 30.09.2017, provided he or she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per section 3 of the said Act and such persons may visit any Aadhaar enrolment centre (list available at Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) website uidai.gov.in for Aadhaar enrolment.
(3) As per regulation 12 of the Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) Regulations, 2016, the Department of Health and Family Welfare which is responsible for implementation of the Schemes under National Health Mission in the State Government or Union territory Administration, is required to offer enrolment facilities for the beneficiaries who are not yet enrolled for Aadhaar and in case, there is no Aadhaar enrolment centre located in the respective Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the Department of Health and Family Welfare in the State Government or Union territory Administration shall provide enrolment facilities for Aadhaar at convenient locations in coordination with the existing Registrars of UIDAI or by itself becoming UIDAI Registrar:
Provided that, till the Aadhaar is assigned to the individual benefits under the Schemes shall be given to such individuals, subject to the production of the following documents, namely: —
(a)(i) If he or she has enrolled, his or her Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip; or
(ii) a copy of his or her request made for Aadhaar enrolment, as specified in sub-paragraph (2) of paragraph 2 below; and
(b)(i) Voter Identity card issued by the Election Commission of India; or
(ii) Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card issued by the Income-tax Department; or
(iii) Passport; or
(iv) Driving Licence issued by the Licencing Authority under Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 (59 of 1988); or
(v) Certificate of Identity having photo issued by the Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on the official letter head; or
(vi) Address card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts; or
(vii) Bank Photo Passbook; or
(viii) Kisan Photo Passbook; or
(ix) Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme Card; or
(x) Ration Card; or
(xi) Employee Photo Identity Card issued by Government or Public Sector Undertakings; or
(xii) Any other document as specified by the State Government or Union territory Administration:
Provided further that the above documents shall be checked by an officer designated by the State Government or Union territory Administration for that purpose.
2. In order to provide convenient and hassle free benefit to beneficiaries under the Schemes, the State Government or Union territory Administration responsible for implementation of the Schemes shall make all the required arrangements including the following, namely: —
(1) Wide publicity through media and individual notices through government health facilities or private accredited health facilities, shall be given to the beneficiaries to make them aware of the requirement of Aadhaar under the Schemes and they may be advised to get themselves enrolled for Aadhaar at the nearest enrolment centres available in their areas by 30.09.2017, in case they are not already enrolled. The list of locally available Aadhaar enrolment centres shall be made available to them.
(2) In case, the beneficiaries under the Schemes are not able to enrol for Aadhaar due to non-availability of Aadhaar enrolment centres in the vicinity such as the Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the Department of Health and Family Welfare in the State Government or Union territory Administration shall provide enrolment facilities for Aadhaar at convenient locations and the beneficiaries may register their requests for enrolment for Aadhaar by giving their names, addresses, mobile numbers and other required details, with the concerned officials of Department of Health and Family Welfare in the State Government or Union territorv Administration or at the government health facilities or private accredited health facilities or through the web portal provided for the purpose.
3. This notification shall come into effect from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette in all the States and Union territories except the States of Assam, Meghalaya and the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
[Noti. No. S.O. 2014(E)]