Introduction: Department of Law Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Mullana (Ambala) is pleased to announce its first National Essay Writing Competition. The competition aims to provide a platform to law students to express their views on theme-
- Socio-Legal Effects of Demonetization
- GST-Boon or bane to Indian Economy
2. Rules & Regulations:
Eligibility Criteria : The Competition is open to the students who are pursuing LL.B. (3years) /LL.B. (5years) Integrated Course /LL.M. in any recognized university across the country.
- Last date of submissions: 2nd September, 2017
- Announcement of result: 6th September, 2017
The essay must be written in English or Hindi.
Co-authorship (maximum of two authors) is permitted. However, only one entry is allowed per author.
Essays presenting original thoughts shall be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere. Moreover any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of essay. Department of Law, MM University reserves all the rights related to essay.
No part of the essay, except the cover page, should contain any identification of author. In the cover page the candidate must mention his name, class, affiliating institution, e-mail id and contact number.
Font: Times New Roman
Font Size: 12
Line Spacing: 1.5
Footnote Font Size: 10
Footnote Spacing: 1.0
- The submission shall consist of an abstract, essay and scanned copy of ID card of the institute/ college/ university. An abstract should not be more than 300 words inclusive of title and keywords.
- The essay should not be more than 3000 words (excluding footnotes and abstract).
- A uniform pattern of citation must be strictly followed. · All essay are to be submitted at email@example.com both word (doc or .docx) and PDF (.Pdf) format with the subject titled as, “TITLE OF ESSAY: NAME OF AUTHOR(S) & COLLEGE”.
3. Judging Criteria: The first three winners will be given the attractive prizes and certificates will be provided to all the participants. The judging criteria shall be based on-
- Persuasiveness and Reasoning
- Organization and Format
- Language, Style and Grammar
First Prize : Rs. 7,500
Second Prize : Rs. 5,000
Third Prize : Rs. 2,500
In addition to sponsored prizes.
5. Contact Details:
Registration Link : http://universumm.in/events/technical/writing-competition.php
Convener: Prof.(Dr.) Bindu Jindal, Head & Dean
Faculty Coordinator: Dr. Shipra Gupta, Ph. 8059930251
Co- Coordinator: Mr. Ripu Daman, Ph. 9812583816
For any query please feel free to contact:
Kunal Sahani: 8684047697
Manveet Bubber: 8295589089