Under the aegis of the GNLU-Khaitan & Co Fellowship in M&A, Gujarat National Law University and Khaitan & Co announced the first of its kind, GNLU-Khaitan M&A Drafting Competition for students in India.
The competition will present students with a unique opportunity to advise on a real world commercial transactional scenario. Based on a given a set of facts, students will be required to draft a share purchase agreement (“SPA”) and a legal opinion backing the legality and enforceability of the SPA.
Why should you participate?
- The competition is a distinctive opportunity for students to apply to transactional drafting and be evaluated by professionals;
- It will train you to appreciate facts and apply the law in a real-world commercial transactional scenario;
- It will give you a first-hand experience of tackling issues involved in M&A transactions;
- The winners shall get an opportunity to take up an internship with Khaitan & Co, one of India’s oldest and leading full service law firms; and
- The winners shall receive attractive prize money.
Click here to follow their blog, for updates including the ‘Problem’, ‘Rules’ and a ‘Primer on Share Purchase Agreements’ that shall be released soon.