- the disabled employees will be entitled to pay, promotion and other service benefits even if they cannot be taken back to the post they were holding or are adjusted or kept waiting until a suitable vacancy arises;
- the medical leave on account of disability shall be remitted back into employees leave account;
- leave will be granted to the employee even if his/her family member submits an application/medical certificate on account of employees disability;
- the services of an employee can neither be terminated nor reduced in rank in case the employee has acquired a disability during his service;
- any disabled employee who is not fit to return to duty shall be shifted to some other post or shall be kept on a supernumerary post until a suitable post is available or he attains superannuation;
- promotion shall not be denied to a person simply on ground of his/her disability.
-Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions