Ministry of Railway has invited suggestions from the public regarding the forthcoming Railway Budget 2016-17. The icon with the title “Public Suggestions on Forthcoming Railway Budget 2016-17” is available on the website of Ministry of Railways http://www.indianrailways.gov.in/railwayboard/ and suggestions can be given online on the website itself.
The suggestions are invited on the following heads
- Electrification of lines
- Foot over Bridges
- Freight (Traffic Requirements Sidings, Rake Handling facility)
- Infrastructure (Freight Corridors, High Speed Corridors, Port and Mine Connectivity, PPP Initiatives)
- Innovative Ideas
- Land (Commercial Utilisation of land, Station Development)
- Railway Lines (New Lines, Gauge conversion, Doubling)
- Road over/ Under Bridges
- Crime prevention
- Safe running of Trains/Disaster Management
- Tourism Related
- Trains(New Trains, Extension of Trains, Augmentation of Trains, Frequency of Trains, Tourist Trains, Pantry Cars & Catering)
The last date for submission of comments is 15-1-2016.
-Ministry of Railways