GNLU Centre for Private International Law (GCPrIL) is organizing a training course on “Babies crossing Borders – Surrogacy, Laws and Practice” on 30 September – 01 October, 2016.
- Mr. Anil Malhotra, Malhotra & Malhotra Associates (International Lawyers), [He is a practising Advocate in India since September 1983. He attained Bachelor of Science (1980) and Bachelor of Laws (Professional) (1983) degrees from Panjab University, Chandigarh & an LLM degree from the University of London, London in 1985. He studied Comparative Family Law at London School of Economics besides Law & Society at School of Oriental & African Studies. For over 30 years, he continues to act as an Indian expert to render reports in foreign courts on appointment by the Bench in overseas jurisdictions. Conducts matters in Indian Courts pertaining to interpretation and application of foreign Court Orders regarding divorce decrees, child abduction, custody, maintenance, adoption, surrogacy and family related issues of Non-resident Indians (NRIs)]
- Mr. Ranjit Malhotra, Malhotra & Malhotra Associates (International Lawyers), [He was the first Indian lawyer to be awarded the prestigious Felix Scholarship to read for the LLM Degree at the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London. He obtained his Degree with merit in 1993, specialising in South Asian family laws and immigration laws. He is an India-based lawyer handling substantial international work. He is a member of the International Bar Association, for which he is also the newsletter editor of the Family Law Committee for a fourth term since January 2011, International Correspondent of the International Family Law journal published by Jordan Publishing, The United Kingdom and former co-chair of the Family Law and Family Law Rights Section of Lawasia.]
- Dr. Nayna Patel, Medical Director, Akanksha Hospital and Research Institute, [She is the Medical Director at Akanksha Hospital and Research Institute. She has passed her MBBS and MD with five gold medals. She has attended the scientific programme and IVF workshops at National university, Singapore in 1996, and has been to IVF centers in USA, South Korea, UK etc. She has received extensive training for all these techniques. She has been invited in Oprah Winfery Show-October 9, 2007; Documentary: National Geographic: “Womb of the World” and BBC: “House of Surrogates. Her achievement includes: Asia’s 1st & World’s 5th case of surrogate grandmother- January 18, 2004; 1st transnational surrogacy case; 1st Human Milk bank has been established at AHRI to provide milk, free of cost, to needy babies; 1111 surrogates babies born till June, 2016]
The first rank holder of the course shall get an opportunity to intern at Malhotra & Malhotra Associates (International Lawyers) provided the winner is either a 3rd year or a 4th year or a 5th year student of the Five Year LL.B. curriculum or a 2nd year or 3rd year student of the Three Year LL.B. curriculum..
Aim of the Course:
Surrogacy has become an increasingly popular method of reproductive technology. With no harmonized Private International Law regulation on surrogacy per se, the courts of any country deciding on the social legal issues connected with cross border surrogacy are posed with difficulty to ascertain the questions of which law governs various legal issues arising in connection with such cross-border relationship. The Private International Law issues surrounding the status of children, including issues arising from international surrogacy arrangements remains a source of worry for Courts and Legislatures. This course examines Private International Law aspects of international surrogacy arrangements. The course also addresses ethical questions surrounding surrogacy. The course will focus on legal development and issues of Surrogacy in Indian Private International Law. The course adopts the comparative teaching methodology to discuss developments in various jurisdictions on Cross border Surrogacy. The Course will also discuss the recent Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2016.
- INR 5000/- (Industry Professionals/Doctors/Consultants/Practitioners)
- INR 3500/- (Academicians & Research Scholars)
- INR 2000/- (Students)
How to Apply:
Follow the steps, Visit www.gnlu.ac.in
Last Date of Applying: September 27, 2016
For more details, feel free to contact: