The NLUA Law & Policy Review (NLUALPR), is a faculty edited referred Journal and included by the University Grants Commission (UGC) in its approved list of Journals (Sl. No. 37023 ) published bi-annually by the National Law University Assam, Guwahati. Its primary objective is to serve an important academic forum for legal scholarship and knowledge dissemination. The review will publish scholarly articles, comments on recent decisions by courts, short notes, legislative analysis and solicit reviews of latest books from renowned connoisseurs of law. All submissions will undergo a rigorous editorial process devised to hone and strengthen tone and substance. NLUA Assam welcomes contribution for the third Volume of the NLUA Law & Policy Review 2017 from academicians, judges, jurists, practitioners, students, activists, scholars and prominent thinkers across India and the globe.
“NLUA Law & Policy Review” is a faculty run referred journal at the National Law University, Assam reviewed extensively by the editorial team as well as by external reviewers. Research paper should be thematic and identification of sub-themes will be highly appreciated. It should have proper research questions and should also reflect the findings. The submission can be sent under the following category:
1. Research papers: Between 7000 and 10000 words, inclusive of footnotes. Papers in this category are expected to engage with the theme comprehensively, examine literature comprehensively and offer an innovative reassessment of the current understanding of that theme. It is advisable, though not necessary, to choose a theme that is of contemporary importance. Purely theoretical pieces are also welcome.
2. Notes: Between 3000 and 5000 words, inclusive of footnotes. This section should include a thought provoking and innovative piece consisting chiefly of personal opinions and analysis.
3. Case/Report Comments: In between 2500- 3000 words, inclusive of footnotes. This part should entail an analysis of contemporary Indian or International judicial pronouncements relevant to the themes. It must identify and examine the line of cases in which the decision in question came about, and comment on implications for the evolution of that branch of law.
- Submissions should be in Times New Roman, font size- 12 with 1.5 line spacing, justified text and 1 inch margins on all sides of an A4 sheet. (with page number)
- Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size- 10 with 1.0 line spacing. Endnotes are not allowed.
- Graphics, Charts, Tables, and Diagrams should be numbered consecutively and included in the body of the work. Submission must be compatible with Microsoft Word.
- Headings should follow the following standard:
- Submissions must be emailed at email@example.com (preferably in docx format) along with a covering letter addressed to Dr.Topi Basar (Editor, NLUA Law & Policy Review Publication Committee). The covering letter should include the author’s contact information and a short abstract (250-300 words) that outlines the main questions or themes addressed in the paper.
- Authors shall be required to submit an author profile, post submission of 200 words before their contribution can be considered for publication.
- The submission must be the original work of the authors. Any form of plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
- Submitted entries must not have been sent for consideration at any other place for presentation or publication.
- Co-authorship is allowed. Maximum number of Co-author for a submission shall only be one.
- Authors should provide their contact details, designation and institutional affiliation in the covering letter for the submission.
- Footnotes must conform to the Standard Indian Legal Citation Manual (SILC), Rules of legal citation (Latest edition attached).
- Copyright of all entries shall exclusively vest with NLU ASSAM. The submission would imply that the author has assigned such rights to NLU ASSAM.