Gujarat National Law University In collaboration with Cube Construction Engineering Limited under GNLU- CCEL Research Fellowship on Real Estate Laws, Policies and Practices is organizing National Seminar on Real Estate Legal Regime: Issues, Challenges and Development on 23rd August, 2017 at Gujarat National Law University.
ABOUT FELLOWSHIP: Cube Construction Engineering Limited (CCEL), an Organization which enjoys credit of having successfully completed many renowned Projects including Government Projects, established a Fellowship on Real Estate Laws, Policies and Practices for development and growth of Real Estate Laws, Policies and Practices education, research and training in the country at the Gujarat National Law University (GNLU). Since the establishment in 2013, the fellowship has remained a pioneer in organizing a number of research, training and extension activities, which include short term courses, workshops and seminars. The Research Associates under the Fellowship have also undertaken various research studies and submitted the same to the various stakeholders of the real estate sector.
ABOUT THE SEMINAR: The Real Estate (Regulation & Development) Act, 2016 has created a greater transparency in the Real Estate Sector. Real Estate is tied with other areas of law like Contract law, Business Laws etc. The demand for housing has been increasing exponentially from last one decade. It is noticed that there is a predictable escalation in the investment via FDI route in the real estate sector to achieve housing for all under the scheme Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna. This Seminar will provide an opportunity to all the Researchers to put forward their research ideas.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
- Discourse and Deliberation on various contemporary issues by the experts from real estate sector.
- To provide a platform to numerous stakeholders in Real Estate Sector to put forward their thoughts and share knowledge.
- To seek estimation from researchers and experts as how the fluctuations are in the realty sector after Real Estate (Regulatory and Development Act) 2016 has been brought into force.
- To create awareness amongst the participants about the recent trends in real estate sector.
- To enhance the understanding amongst the participants of the various principles enriched in real estate laws.
THEME: The Real Estate Regulation and Development Act, 2016.
- Implementation and Dilution of the Real Estate Regulation and Development Act, 2016, by the State Governments.
- Necessity of Real Estate Regulation and Development Act, 2016.
- Benami Transactions.
- Social Impact Assessment of Building Construction Project.
- Right to Development vis a vis Right to Healthy Environment.
- Impact of Demonetization on Real Estate Sector.
- Foreign Direct Investment in Real Estate.
- The Real Estate Investment Trust.
- Functions and Duties of Promoter in Real Estate Sector.
- Corporate Social Responsibility in Real Estate Sector.
- Urban Development and Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
- Transparency and Accountability in Real Estate Sector.
- Affordable Housing.
- Impact of GST in Real Estate.
- Shortcomings of RERA.
- Homebuyers’ Protection under RERA
CALL FOR PAPERS: Well researched & original manuscripts and case studies are invited from Academics, Scholars, Researchers, Bar & Bench, Non State Actors and Students on the above mentioned themes or related topics. All the papers shall be scrutinized through blind review of editorial board. Selected papers may be published in form of a book with ISBN.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: Paper presenters shall adhere to the following guidelines:
- Length of the paper shall be 5000-8000 words.
- Abstract shall be 300-500 Words.
- Papers shall be typed on A4 size paper.
- Papers shall be submitted in .docx format only.
- Font Type : Garamond
- Line Spacing : 1.5
- Border : 1’ all sides
- Main Heading : 16 font size (in UPPERCASE)
- Heading : 14 font size (First letter of the word in capital)
- Sub headings : 12 font size (Italics)
- Text (Main content) : 12 font-size
- Footnote : 10 font-size
- Last date for submission of Abstract: 31 July 2017
- Announcement of Abstract Selection: 02 August 2017
- Last date of payment of registration fee: 10 August 2017
- Last date for submission of Full Paper: 21 August 2017
CONTACT: Coordinator: Mr. Wassem Ahmad Bhat, Assistant Professor of Law (Mob: +918128684326)
Co– coordinator: Ms. Prapti Patel, Research Associate (Mob: +919879139994)
Student Co– coordinator: Ms. Manjul Mantri (Mob: +919468712600)
Student Coordinator: Mr. Anup Kumar Naik (Mob: +919998925464)