S.O. 2489(E).––Whereas, the use of Aadhaar as identity document for delivery of services or benefits or subsidies simplifies the Government delivery processes, brings in transparency and efficiency, and enables beneficiaries to get their entitlements directly to them in a convenient and seamless manner and Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity;
And, whereas, the Ministry of Women and Child Development (hereinafter referred to as the Ministry) in the Government of India is administering a Centrally Sponsored Conditional Cash Transfer Scheme called ‘Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY)’ (hereinafter referred to as the Scheme) for the pregnant women and lactating mothers with an objective of improved health seeking behaviour amongst them, by providing them cash incentive as a partial compensation for the wage loss so that the woman can take adequate rest before and after the delivery of their child;
And whereas, any eligible pregnant woman and lactating mother excluding the employee of the Government and Public Sector Undertakings (both under Central and State Governments) or those who are in receipt of similar benefits under any law for the time being in force (hereinafter referred to as the beneficiary), are entitled for cash benefits of Rs. 5,000 (hereinafter referred to as the benefit) for the first living child, as per the conditions laid down in the extant Scheme guidelines;
And whereas, the eligible beneficiaries shall receive the remaining cash incentive as per approved norms towards Maternity Benefit under Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY), administered by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare in the Government of India, after institutional delivery so that on an average, a women shall get rupees six thousand;
And whereas, the aforesaid Scheme involves recurring expenditure incurred from the Consolidated Fund of India;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the provisions of section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (18 of 2016) (hereinafter referred to as the said Act), the Central Government hereby notifies the following, namely:––
1. (1) Every beneficiary desirous of availing the benefits under the Scheme is hereby required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar number or undergo Aadhaar authentication in respect of self and her husband.
(2) Any eligible beneficiary desirous of availing the benefits under the Scheme, who herself does not possess the Aadhaar number or has not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, shall have to make application for Aadhaar enrolment within ninety days of registration at Anganwadi Centers or Primary Health Centres, as the case may be, provided she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per section 3 of the said Act and such individual may visit any Aadhaar enrolment centre [list available at Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) website www.uidai.gov.in] to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
(3) If the husband of the eligible beneficiary is desirous of availing the benefits under the Scheme and does not possess the Aadhaar number or has not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, he shall have to make application for Aadhaar enrolment within ninety days of registration at Anganwadi
Centers or Primary Health Centres, as the case may be, provided she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per section 3 of the said Act and such individual may visit any Aadhaar enrolment centre [list available at Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) website [www.uidai.gov.in] to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
(4) As per regulation 12 of the Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) Regulations, 2016, the Department of the State Government or Union territory Administration responsible for implementing the Scheme is required to offer enrolment facilities for the beneficiary and her husband who are not yet enrolled for Aadhaar and in case there is no Aadhaar enrolment centre located in the respective Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the Department of the State Government or Union territory Administration responsible for implementing the Scheme shall provide enrolment facilities at convenient locations in coordination with the existing Registrars of UIDAI or may provide Aadhaar enrolment facilities by becoming UIDAI Registrar:
Provided that till the time Aadhaar is assigned to either beneficiary or her husband or to both of them, benefits under the Scheme shall be given to such beneficiary subject to the production of the following identification documents, namely:––
(a) (i) if enrolled, her or her husband’s Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip; or (ii) a copy of her or her husband’s request made for Aadhaar enrolment, as specified in subparagraph (2) of paragraph 2, and (b) (i) Bank or Post Office photo passbook; or (ii) Voter ID Card; or (iii) Ration Card; or (iv) Kishan Photo Passbook; or (v) Passport; or (vi) Driving License; or (vii) PAN Card; or (viii) MGNREGS job Card; or (ix) her husband’s Employee Photo Identity Card issued by the Government or any Public Sector Undertaking; or (x) Any other Photo Identity Card issued by State Governments or Union territory Administrations; or (xi) Certificate of identity with photograph issued by a Gazetted Officer on official letterhead; or (xii) Health Card issued by Primary Health Centre (PHC) or Government Hospital; or (xiii) any other document specified by the State Government or Union territory Administration; and
(c) an undertaking that the eligible woman or her husband are not availing maternity benefits under the Scheme from any other Anganwadi Centre or Primary Health Centre:
Provided further that the above documents shall be checked by an officer designated by the State Government or Union Territory Administration for that purpose:
Provided also that in case of Aadhaar number or Enrolment ID is not being provided by either or both the eligible woman and her husband, as the case may be, the relevant remaining person(s) shall be required to either provide Enrolment ID or Aadhaar number or appear for enrolment to get enrolment ID at the enrolment facilities including but not limited to those organised by the Department of the State Government or Union territory Administration responsible for implementing the Scheme to become eligible for the third instalment of the Scheme.
2. In order to provide convenient and hassle free benefits to the beneficiaries, the Department of the State Government or Union territory Administration responsible for implementing the Scheme, shall make all the required arrangements including the following, namely:––
(1) Wide publicity through local media and individual notices through the offices of Child Development Project Officers, Supervisors, Anganwadi Centres, Primary Health Centres shall be given to the prospective beneficiaries of the Scheme to make them aware of the requirement of Aadhaar under the Scheme and they may be advised to get herself as well as her husband enrolled for Aadhaar at the nearest enrolment centres available in their areas, in case they are not already enrolled. The list of locally available enrolment centres shall be made available to them.
(2) In case, both the eligible woman and her husband or any one of them, as the case may be, under the Scheme are not able to enroll due to non-availability of enrolment centres in the Blocks or Talukas or Tehsils, the concerned Department responsible for implementation of the Scheme in the State Government or Union territory Administration shall provide Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient locations and both the eligible woman and her husband or any of them, as the case may be, may be requested to register their requests for Aadhaar enrolment by giving their names, addresses, mobile numbers and other details as specified in the first proviso to sub-paragraph (4) of paragraph 1, with the concerned officials specifically designated by the State Government or Union territory Administration responsible for implementation of the Scheme or through the web portal provided for the purpose.
3. This notification shall come into effect from the date of its publication in all States and Union territories except the State of Assam, Meghalaya and the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
MINISTRY OF WOMEN AND CHILD DEVELOPMENT