1. The team comprising of Abhidipto Tarafder (2nd year), Parva Khare (2nd year), Anwesh Panda (3rd year) and Aastha Malhotra (1st year) finished as the Runners up at the Asia-Pacific Rounds of 1st NILS Business and Human Rights Moot Court Competition 2018. To top it off, the team also won the Best Memorial Award. They qualified for the World Rounds in London. The NILS Business & Human Rights Moot Court Competition is an annual international competition which is held between University teams of students who have an interest in the area of Business & Human Rights. It is organised by the Network for International Law Students, which is an international, non-political, non-profit organisation with members across twenty-three countries.
Along with 8 other teams from the Asia Pacific region, the team shall now represent NUJS at the international stage in London where 24 teams from across the world will compete for the coveted trophy. Along with the runner up trophy and the gold medals, the team also won the award for the Best Memorial. While GNLU Gandhinagar emerged as the winner, the second runner up was bagged by NLU Jodhpur.
2. Novice first year team comprising of Parth Gala, Raksha Raina, Rain Biswas and Harishankar Raghunath ( All first years) finished as Quarter Finalists at the 8th National Trial Advocacy Moot Court Competition organised by SVKM’s Pravin Gandhi College of Law.
3. The team comprising of Tejas Popat (3rd Year, Speaker), Adya Jha (3rd Year, Speaker), Jasel Mundhra ( 3rd Year, Researcher) and Md Faizan (2nd Year, Junior Researcher) emerged as the Runner up at the 24th MC Chagla Moot Court Competition, 2017. Jasel Mundhra won the Best Researcher award as well!
4. The team comprising of Shivangi Sanjay, Saina Mohapatra, Shubhra Baghel and Shretima Shrivastava ( all second years) finished as the Quarter Finalist (out of 61 teams) at the 17th Henry Durant Moot Court Competition, 2017 (National Rounds) held in ISIL, Delhi.
5. The team comprising of Saurav Rajurkar, Aditya Agrawal, Chinmay Kalgaonkar and Tamalika Bera (all second years)finished as the quarter finalist at the 12th Law Asia International Moot Court Competition, 2017 held in Tokyo, Japan.