The Centre for Research in Criminal Justice, Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai in association with International Justice Mission (IJM) is organising a one-day workshop on ‘Transnational Crimes with Special Focus on Human Trafficking on 20th March 2018 from 10:00 am onwards at MNLU Mumbai campus.
THEMES OF THE WORKSHOP
- The deliberation upon the extra-territorial or trans-national nature of the crimes like cross- border terrorism, human trafficking, drug trafficking, arms trafficking smuggling, money laundering among others.
- The propelling elements for the expedient growth of these crimes like globalization, socio-economic inequality, intolerance and others may be explored.
- The thorough examination of the suppressive laws on human trafficking at both international and domestic levels will form the focal theme of the workshop.
- The practical difficulties in reaching the uniformity by states for instance in defining a human trafficking, in specifying punitive relief, delayed ratification, victim rehabilitation may be identified.
- The proper conceptualization of human trafficking, structuring/modification of the existing domestic laws and their enforcement.
Prof. PM Nair, IPS (Retd.), Former Director General, NDRF & Civil Defence, New Delhi
Dr. Aman Hingorani, Advocate on Record and Mediator at Supreme Court of India
Mr. Sanjay Macwan, Regional Director, IJM India
Mr. Michael Yangad, Director of Operations, IJM Mumbai.
Dr. Sarfaraz Ahmed, Registrar, West Bengal National University of Juridical Science, Kolkata
Dr. Srinivas Burra, Assistant Professor, South Asian University, New Delhi
Mr. Sanjeet Ruhal, Assistant Professor, Symbiosis Law School, Pune
Early Bird Registration Fees (before 10.03.2018) for students is Rs. 100/- and for Professionals is Rs. 300/-. Late Registration Fees (before 20.03.2018) for students is Rs. 300/- and for Professionals is Rs. 500/-. You may register by simply sending an email at email@example.com .
For any queries contact the Coordiantors:
Mr. Chirag Balyan – Assistant Professor, MNLU M – 7799197841 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Akhila B.G. – Teacher Associate, MNLU M – 8130532632 –email@example.com