The Ministry of Human Resource Development has constituted a ‘High Powered Committee’ to examine the entire system of conducting Class X and Class XII examination conducted by the CBSE with a view to prevent leakages.
The terms of reference of the Committee are as under:
(a) To revisit all aspects related to the security checks built into the system for ensuring that the question papers reach the examinees without tampering.
(b) To examine and assess all areas of potential weakness in the present system of transporting question papers from the printing presses to the examinees.
(c) To suggest ways in which the system can be made more secure with the use of technology and minimization of human intervention.
The 7 member committee includes:
- Shri Vinay Sheel Oberoi, Retd. Secy., (Higher Education), MHRD — Chairperson
- Shri Pavnesh Kumar, Retd. Controller of Examination(CBSE) & Former Secy.,(UP Examination Board) — Member
- J.S. Rajput, India representative on the executive board of UNESCO, former director (NCERT) & former Chairman (NCTE) — Member
- Vasudha Kamat, Independent Director (IRCON) & Former VC (SNDT Women’s University) — Member
- Krishna Mohan Tripathy (Ex-Director of Education, UP) & Chairman (Board of High School & Intermediate Education, UP)— Member
- Senior representative of DG (NIC) — Member
- Joint Secretary (SE-II) — Member
The Committee has been directed to submit its report by/on/before 31-05-2018.
[Press Release no. 1527577, dt. 04-04-2018]
Ministry of Human Resource Development