The Union Cabinet has given its ex-post-facto approval for the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Iran on cooperation in the field of Health and Medicine. The MoU will encourage cooperation between the two countries and strengthen bilateral ties between them.
The MoU covers the following areas of cooperation:-
- Exchange experience in training of medical doctors and other health professionals;
- Assistance in development of human resources and setting up of health care facilities;
- Regulation of pharmaceuticals, medical devices and cosmetics and exchange of information thereon;
- Cooperation in the field of medical research, new technologies and knowledge based initiatives;
- Public health, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and cooperation in international health; and
- Any other area of cooperation as may be mutually decided upon.
A Working Group will be set up to further elaborate the details of cooperation and to oversee the implementation of this MoU.
[Press Release no. 1524413]
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare