The Fifteenth Finance Commission has constituted a high level group consisting of eminent experts from across the country in Health Sector.
The role and functions of the High Level Group on Health Sector will be:
- To evaluate the existing regulatory framework in the Health sector and examine its strength and weaknesses for enabling a balanced yet faster expansion of the health sector keeping in view India’s demographic profile;
- To suggest ways and means to optimize the use of existing financial resources and to incentivize the state governments’ effort on fulfillment of well-defined health parameters in India; and
- To holistically examine best international practices for the health sector and seek to benchmark our frameworks to these practices for optimizing benefits keeping in mind our local issues.
High Level Group on Health Sector will have the following Convenor and Members:
- Dr. Randeep Guleria, Director, AIIMS, New Delhi (Convenor);
- Dr. Devi Shetty, Chairman, Narayana Health City, Bengaluru;
- Dr. Deelip Govind Mhaisekar, Vice Chancellor, Maharashtra University of Health Science, Pune;
- Dr. Naresh Trehan, Medanta City, Gurgaon;
- Dr. Bhabatosh Biswas, Prof & HOD of Cordio Thoracic Surgery, R. G. Kar Medical College, Kolkata; and
- Prof. K. Srinath Reddy, President of Public Health Foundation of India
Ministry of Finance