Society for the Advancement of Animal and Environmental Welfare, Friends Beyond Species (National Law University Odisha, Cuttack) will be hosting the first of its kind conference in collaboration with Humane Society International India on Animal and Environmental Welfare with specific emphasis on Wildlife Conservation and Emerging Trends on 25th – 26th September, 2018.
Theme: Wildlife Conservation and Sustainability
- Human-wildlife interactions: Does conservation lead to conflict?
- Community Conservation: A critical tool for wildlife protection
- Environmental Entrepreneurship as a tool for livelihood of local communities and conservation
- Illegal Wildlife Trade: Technology enables policing and traceability
- Role of citizen science in wildlife management
- Institutional governance and legal requirements for co-existence
- Live elephant trade in India: Legal and Illegal
- Use of social science in wildlife conservation
- Zoo: Wildlife Conservation or Violation of Animal Rights
- Wildlife Crimes and Law: International Accords and Treaties
- National Policy and Legal Framework to curb wildlife trade
- Tourism Industry, Environment and Wildlife – Impact and Legal Challenges
- Last date for Abstract submission: 20th August, 2018
- Intimation to authors (short listing of abstracts): 23rd August, 2018
- Last date for payment of registration fee: 1st September, 2018
- Last date for final paper submission: 16 September, 2018; 23:59 hours
Submission Guidelines: Submissions may be in the form of Articles (3,500-6,000 words).
The word count is exclusive of footnotes. The body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman, size 12 with 1.5 spacing.
The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, size 10 with single spacing. Submissions must conform to the OSCOLA format of citation and include a 250 word abstract that briefly summarises the paper.
The last date for submission of abstract is 20th August, 2018
The last date for submission of complete paper is 15th September, 2018.
Submissions are to be e-mailed firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Volume I – JAELW Submission’.
The e-mail should indicate which sub-theme the paper is intended for. Further, it should also contain the name of the author, qualifications, title of the manuscript and contact information.
Please note that no information that could identify the author should be included in the manuscript. Co-authorship is allowed.
Registration fee and details
For Students (Single Author) – Rs 700; Co-authorship – Rs 1200
For Academicians/Professionals (Single Author) – Rs 1000; Co-authorship – Rs 1500
Candidates who only want to attend the conference, can get themselves registered by sending a mail at email@example.com along with some essential details (Name, University’s Name, Contact details) latest by 23 August 2018 (23:59 hours) Registration Fee (for candidates who only want to attend the conference)- Rs 400
Accommodation: Rs 500 per day/per head
Mode of Payment will be conveyed to the participants after the shortlisting of abstracts is done.
Contact: For submissions and/or queries, write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meghna Lal (Convener): 9406955452
- Ayushi Hatwal (Co-convener): 8763276308