National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam is organising a 2-day National Seminar on “New Paradigms in Disability Studies and Health Laws: Meta-narratives and Realities” on 27th- 28th of October, 2018. Details for the same are mentioned below.
About: The area of Disability Studies and Health Laws has seen a significant change over the past few decades. In the past few decades, it has moved from the peripheries to a position of greater visibility and distinction. In the past, disability was looked at as a health concern and was, not surprisingly, found within the larger regulatory framework of Health Laws.
These days however, disability is being looked at from various angles of study. Researchers use tools relating to personal, economic, socio-cultural and political interpretation and strive to strike balance amongst the varied demands of multiple identities, individual rights, remedies and duties for a better understanding of the nuances of Disability. People in the 21st century, aware of their health like never before, are willing to make every effort to procure healthier lives for themselves.
Meanwhile, the states, through various social stakeholders, strive to meet the needs and demands of their people. With these changing dynamics of the world around, the fields of Disability Studies and Health Laws are filled with consistent attempts to find a nexus between public health and socio-legal tools in effectively addressing the concerns thereof. Through these efforts, the Indian socio-legal fraternity is also improving and evolving.
With new legislations, various schemes and policies coupled with significant judicial pronouncements and political commitments, India seems to be equipped enough to overcome her unique challenges in public health and disability. However, the effects of these recent developments and modern methods of study in India and abroad need to be re-examined before hailing them with praises, without turning a critical eye.
The National Seminar on “New Paradigms in Disability Studies and Health Laws: Meta-narratives and Realities” seeks to provide a platform for the same.
Call for Papers: Original and well researched- research papers, case studies, and survey reports are invited from the academics, practitioners, researchers, students and other stakeholders working and interested in the field of Disability Studies and Health Laws. Research papers shall be subject to the approval of Editorial Board for inclusion in the seminar proceedings. All research papers shall be subject to the scrutiny of anti-plagiarism software.
Theme: “New Paradigms in Disability Studies and Health Laws: Meta-narratives and Realities”
- Ramifications of Right of Persons with Disabilities Act 2016.
- Ramifications of Mental Healthcare Act 2017.
- Perspective of Social Disability.
- Judicial response to Disability.
- Consent, Capacity and Persons with disabilities.
- Legislative evolution in the field of Health laws in India.
- Economic Cause of the Disability.
- Challenges to Accessibility.
- Etymology and Nomenclature in the so-called “Disability” Space.
- Activism in disability and public health care policies.
- Terminal or End of Life Health Care.
- Post Pregnancy Stress Disorder.
- Illegal termination of Pregnancy.
- Protection of Rights of a person with Disability under the Constitution.
Submission Guidelines for Abstract and Full Paper
- An abstract of 400–500 words accompanied by details of the author containing their email ID, contact number and postal address should be sent.
- The Final Paper should between 4000-6000 words.
- Mention of the sub-theme is mandatory. Co-authorship is restricted to two members.
- It must be typed in Times New Roman Font Size 12 on A4 size paper with 1.5” margin on all sides with 1.5 line spacing using MS Word. 20thBlue Book citation pattern must be strictly adhered to while submitting the abstracts and full paper.
- All the abstracts and full-length papers shall be sent to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Publication Opportunity: Selected papers shall be published in the form of a book containing ISBN Number.
- Students and Research Scholars: Rs. 1,500/-
- Academicians / Practitioners : Rs. 2,000/-
- NLUJAA Students: Rs. 500/-
- Delegates: 700/-
- On-Spot Delegate Registration: 1000/-
- On-Spot Registration: 2000/-
- In the case of co-authored papers, each author will have to pay the registration fee amount individually/independently.
- The registration fee includes admission to all technical sessions, conference kit, materials, lunch and high tea during the designated breaks for the duration of the conference.
- Certificate shall be issued to the registered co-authors if the paper is presented by one of the authors. Such co-authors must have registered for the National Seminar.
- For on spot registration authors need to submit the full paper on or before the mentioned date.
- Last date of submission of abstract: 10th September 2018
- Date of intimation of acceptance of abstract on or before: 20th September 2018
- Last Date of Registrations: 25th September 2018; 11:59 p.m.
- Last Date for submission of full paper: 12th October 2018
- Seminar Dates: 27th and 28th October 2018
Accommodation: Accommodation shall be provided by the university on an additional charge of Rs.1000/- per person for two nights.
Contact Persons: Anshuman Pandey: Mob. 8960603731
Mohit Singh Kushwah: Mob. 7636890007
Pranav Pandey: Mob. 8368781249
To view the Brochure, click HERE