The Internship and Placement Committee of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow is organizing the fourth edition of its flagship event Manthan. Manthan 4.0 is oriented towards imparting professional skills in the students. Dignitaries from diverge fields are invited to deliver guest lectures and hold panel discussions on emerging topics in different fields of law.
Details of the sessions: Further, everyone is eagerly invited to register for the same through the link attached below for lectures on these three sessions:
- International Trade Law Guest Lecture on “Are regional trade agreements and mega regionals likely to erode WTOs central place to world trade governance” by James J. Nedumpara (13th Oct, 2018. 10 a.m.)
- Arbitration Panel Discussion (I) on “Emergence of Institutional Arbitration” by AjayThomas and Abhileen Chaturvedi (13th Oct, 2018, 2 p.m.)
- Arbitration Panel Discussion (II) on “Emergence of India as an arbitration hub with special emphasis on 2018 amendment” by Anish Wadia, Inbavijayan Veeraraghavan, Vikas Mahendra.
Registration: Register on this form.
There shall be certificates provided for attending the same.
The following reputed professionals from diverse fields are proudly invited to take lectures on specified subjects and topics.
1. Heather Wallick: CEO at Wallick Global Consulting.
Specialises in US Immigration Law, International Education, Education Data Management; Results Presentation, Education Financing, Financial Aid and Country Specific Legal Education Expert.
2. I.Veeraraghavan: Advocate, International Arbitrator, Arbitrator in HKIAC, CIETAC, BAC, RCAKL, CRCIA, ICADR, ICA, SHIAC, CIDRA, Co- founder and former Sectretary of the Arbitration Institution CNICA, Member of ICCA, approved Tutor of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, UK. Director CIArb India, Co-Chairperson Chartered Institute of Arbitrators South India Chapter and Chairperson of the SICCI Arbitration Experts Committee, India.
3. Prateek Srivastava: Assistant Regional Legal Manager, Hindustan Unilever Ltd. Handles issues cropping out of legislation like Legal Metrology Act, FSSA, Employment Laws, IPR Statutes et al.
4. Vikas Mahendra: MCIARB, Partner at Keystone Partners; Former Associate, Arbitration & Dispute Resolution, Herbert Smith Freehills. Former Counsel, Arbitration & Dispute Resolution, Arista Chambers.
5. James J.Nedumpara: Professor and Head of the Centre for International Trade and Investment Law, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. Associate Professor & Assistant Dean and Executive Director, CITEL at Jindal Global Law School. Former Trade Officer (Legal) with the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development. Taught specialized courses in Trade Law at FGV Law School, Brazil, NLSIU Bangalore and IIFT, New Delhi.
6. Anish Wadia: Solicitor Advocate, Arbitrator, Counsel. FCIARB, FSIARB, FACICA, FMIARB. Rights of Audience Before Courts in India as an Advocate , England and Wales as a Solicitor Advocate and the Dubai International Financial Centre as a Legal Practitioner. Member to the ICC Commission on Arbitration & ADR to represent India.
7. Abhileen Chaturvedi: Senior Associate at Economic Laws Practice. Experienced Senior Associate with a demonstrated history of working in the legal services industry. Skilled in International Dispute Settlement, Litigation and legal advice. LLM focused on International Arbitration.
8. Bhavya Goyal: IP Attorney, Khurana & Khurana, Advocates and IP Attorneys. Specializes in Intellectual Property Law, Corporate Advisory and Litigation. Member of the Delhi High Court Bar Association.
For any queries, contact, Student Co-ordinators: Rashika Bajpai- 8004774955; Shreya Yadav- 8960971547
For updates, follow on Facebook.