The Centre for Business and Commercial Laws (CBCL) of National Law Institute University, Bhopal is pleased to announce the call for submissions for the first volume of its journal: NLIU Journal of Business Laws (NLIU-JBL). The NLIU-JBL is a peer-reviewed business law journal which aims to create meaningful debate and discourse to help build a fair and equitable regime of business laws and to study the dynamic confluence of the academic and the transactional world represented by such laws.
NLIU-JBL is accepting submissions under the broad theme of “Business and Commercial Laws”. The mandate of the NLIU-JBL thus includes company law, securities law, capital markets regulation, banking and finance, taxation, foreign investment, competition law, commercial dispute resolution, contract and commercial law, and employment law inter alia. However, the submission must be of contemporary relevance.
Categories for Submission
NLIU-JBL is accepting genuine, original and unpublished submissions by research scholars, professionals, academicians and law students from across the country. The submissions can be made under any of the following categories:
- Long Articles – 4000 to 7000 words. The article must be a comprehensive and an in depth analysis of the problem(s) or idea(s) dealt with by the author and should include reference to a range of sources and contributions in the form of alternatives and suggestions.
- Short Articles – 2000 to 4000 words. The article must be an analysis of the problem(s) or idea(s) dealt
with by the author and should include reference to a range of sources and contributions in the form of
alternatives and suggestions.
- Case Comments – 2000 to 4000 words. The comment must be an analysis of a recent judgment, bringing out its relevance in light of the development of commercial laws, views expressed in the judgment and the opinion(s) of the author.
- Legislative Comment– 2000 to 4000 words. The comment must analyse a recent legislative instrument. It must examine the objective of the legislation and the legal impact the same is expected to have.
- Book Review – 1000 to 3000 words. The review must be a crisp account of a recently published book including the issues explored and related arguments of the author.
The word limit is inclusive of footnotes but exclusive of the abstract.
All original submissions must be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 300 words. The abstract must expressly include the novelty and usefulness of the idea that the author wishes to put forth an must categorically mention the specific contribution of the submission, beyond the existing available literature, and the practical utility of his/her recommendations. The body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 and in 1.5 line spacing. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 10 and in single line spacing. The citations must conform to The Harvard Bluebook style of citation, 20th edition. Co-authorship is permissible up to a maximum of two authors. Further, kindly adhere strictly to the word limit prescribed. However, co-authorship is not allowed in case of Case Comment, Legislative Comment and Book Review.
Kindly mail your manuscript in MS Word (.doc/.docx) format to email@example.com before 11:59 PM, 17th February, 2018. The subject of the E-Mail should be “Submission for NLIU-JBL – [Submission Category] – (Title of the manuscript)”.
The submission should be accompanied by a Covering Letter which must include the following details:
- Name of Author(s)
- Contact Details– Address and Mobile No.
- Name and Address of Institution
- Academic Qualifications / Affiliations
Submissions made to NLIU-JBL are on an exclusive basis. The Submissions for the NLIU-JBL must not have been previously published or submitted for publication elsewhere. The contribution presented to and accepted for publication and copyrights therein shall be the intellectual property of the NLIU- JBL.
In case of any queries kindly drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact:
- Arshia Verma (Convenor) – +91-7049729766
- Rohan Kohli (Co-Convenor) – +91-9617950534
- Shounak Banerjee (Secretary) – +91-9911425727