Ram Nath Kovind, President of India after consultation with the Governor of West Bengal and the Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court made the following order on 07-02-2019:
- Short Title and Commencement-
(1) This order shall be called the Calcutta High Court (Establishment of Circuit Bench at Jalpaiguri) Order, 2019.
(2) It shall come into force on 07.02.2019.
2. Establishment of Circuit Bench of the Calcutta High Court at Jalpaiguri-
(1) There shall be established a Circuit Bench of Calcutta High Court at Jalpaiguri, and such Judges of the High Court at Calcutta, as the Chief Justice of that High Court may decide from time to time shall sit as single Judges and as Division Courts at Jalpaiguri.
(2) The Judges nominated under paragraph (1) shall sit at the Circuit Bench at Jalpaiguri and exercise the jurisdiction and powers for the time being vested in that High Court in respect of cases arising in the Districts of Darjeeling, Kalimpong, Jalpaiguri and Cooch Behar in the State of West Bengal.
Provided that the Chief Justice of that High Court may, in his discretion, order that any case or class of cases arising in any such district shall be heard at Kolkata.
For the detailed Order, please follow the link: Notification
Ministry of Law and Justice