The GNLU Annual Legal Services Forum is an annual event organized by the Legal Services Committee under the aegis of GCLS. It aims to facilitate deliberation, collaboration and contribution by Legal Aid Committees to achieve the objective of providing free and competent legal services to the underprivileged by sharing their unique experiences.
The Forum shall witness panel discussions and research paper presentations oriented to the objective of the Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987, and project presentations by LSCs competing for the “GNLU Legal Services Funding Grant”. Apart from the above, the Forum will also feature presentations by leading NGO’s in India which have undertaken activities related to the themes of the panel discussions.
Each panel discussion will be followed by a question and answer session, paper presentation and presentation by a leading Indian NGO which carries out activities specific to that particular theme. The underlying idea of the Forum is to bridge the gap between academics and grassroots level field work carried on in each theme, and to aid the collaboration of LSC/LAC’s around India with leading NGO’s which specialises in each of the themes.
- Right to Healthcare
- Redefining the Best Interests of the Child
- Right to Healthy Environment
- Relationship between Minorities and the State
- Special Panel Discussion on “Amendments to RTI Act, 2005 and its Implications”
Call for Papers
Papers are invited on the above topics.
The entries must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘GALSF 2019 Research Paper Submission’.
For detailed guidelines, click here.
- Full papers are due on 15th March, 2019, 11:59 PM.
- Five entries per theme shall be shortlisted for presentations to be scheduled for 5th and 6th April, 2019 at the 4th GNLU Annual Legal Services Forum, 2019. More entries may be selected at the discretion of the Organising Committee.
- Authors whose entries are shortlisted shall be intimated of their selection for presentation via e-mail by 20th March, 2019. Authors of the shortlisted entries shall receive certificate of paper presentation subject to them personally presenting the paper at the Annual Forum.
- A payment link for registration shall be sent to shortlisted candidates by 20th March, 2019. All payments must be completed by 29th March, 2019.
Guidelines for Registration
- Students, faculty members, academicians and LSC/LAC are eligible to take part in the Forum.
- LSC/LAC may nominate a maximum of 2 Representatives as participants for the Forum.
- Interested participants may register by filling this Google form.
- The fee (inclusive of GST charges) for the Forum is as follows:
- Single Author: INR 1000
- Co-authors: INR 2000 (Please mention details of co-author during payment)
- LSC/LAC: INR 2000
- Additional representative of LSC/LAC: INR 1000
- For Individual participants (Individuals not presenting papers): INR 1000
- Last date for registration is 29th March 2019. Individuals not presenting a paper or representing an LSC/LAC may register on the spot during the Forum to become eligible to attend the Panel Discussions.
- Payment of registration fee is due by 29th March 2019.
GNLU Legal Services Funding Grant
The GNLU Legal Services Funding Grant (henceforth ‘Grant’) is a first of its kind initiative by an Indian University, started in the 3rd edition of the GNLU Annual Legal Services Forum 2018. It seeks to honour and support impactful and meaningful socio-legal initiatives by Legal Services Committee (LSC)/ Legal Aid Clinic (LAC) in India.
The Grant shall be presented to the LSC/LAC which embodies an efficient work ethic and promises to effect positive change in society through its activities. The Grant hopes to recognize and encourage students in undertaking socio-legal initiatives and aims to further their drive and impact on the community.
For full details about the grant, click here.
For any queries, you may leave us an e-mail at email@example.com.
You may also contact Sanskriti Sanghi, Student Convener at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Mobile: +91-9650688996.