The profession of law and psychology share little in terms of how they conceptualize their subject matter- people”. Some would tend to disagree with this statement, suggesting that law and psychology are two separate fields; they are united by their interest in human behavior. Psychology seeks to understand and explain human behavior while law seeks to regulate human behavior. With both fields making assumption about what causes people to act the way they do.
In India laws pertaining to mental health include the protection of Human Rights Act, 1993. Persons with disability Act 2016. The National Trust Act 1999, protection of women Mental Health care Act 2017. A prominent statutory legislation regulating narcotics which has an impact on mental health care is Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act (NDPS) Act 1985. The mental health care Act 2017 provides for mental healthcare and services for persons with mental illness and to protect, promote and fulfill the rights of such persons during deliveryof mental health care and services and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
1. To provide to legal educators psychiatrist, psychologist, academician, professionals and researches for sharing knowledge and experience in dealing with the problems and perspectives of mental health from the view point of legal implications and provisions of mental health care Act 2017.
2. To throw light on the critical issues, case laws reflecting the violation of rights of the children with mental disabilities in the institutions and the community.
3. To bring modifications and amendments in the existing laws, the methods of treatment and rehabilitation of the patients.
1. Promotion of Mental health and prevention of mental disorders under the mental health care Act 2017.
2.Legal issues relating to treatment.
3. Mental health laws and rights.
4. Legal issues rights for mental health in juvenile justice.
5. Emerging trends in mental health.
6. Legal protection from cruel, Inhuman and Degrading treatment.
7. Conventions on the Rights of persons with mental disability.
8. Psychology of child victims of sexual offences and abuse.
9. Mental health and delinquency.
- The word limit for abstract is 300-500 words, in times new roman and line spacing of 1.5.
- The abstract must be accompanied with details of Author and Co-Author along with the title of the paper(Name, Designation Contact details etc.
- The Abstract must be submitted on or before 15-02-2019.
- The selection of Abstracts would be intimated on or before 18-02-2019.
- The Registration process for this seminar shall be done only after the selection of the abstract.
- The full paper should be of 3000-5000 words (exclusively of foot notes) and needs to be submitted on the paper before 28th February 2019.
- The Body of submission must be in the times new Roman, with 12 font size and single spacing.
- The margin of 1 inch in the paper is to be maintained through out the paper.
- The citation style to be strictly followed is BLUEBOOK (19th Edn).
- All submissions must be made in dox/docx format only.
- Any Non-compliance with the prescribed guidelines would lead to prima facie rejection.
- Co-authorship is allowed upto two authors.
- Note: No part of the paper should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication.
- All submissions should be sent to email@example.com
- Selected few papers will be published in a book with an ISBN number.
- Deadline for Abstract submission: 15th Feb 2019
- Intimation of selection of Abstract: 18th Feb 2019
- Registration: 19th Feb 2019
- Deadline for full paper submission: 3rd March 2019
- Date of Seminar: 7th March
- Research Scholars and students Rs 1,500/-
- Academicians & professionals: Rs 2000/-
- Each of the Co- authors need to register separately.
Mode of Payment:
The above mentioned fees should be paid through DD or NEFT in favor The Registrar DSNLU, Visakhapatnam payable at Andhra Bank.
Account Name: Registrar, DSNLU, VISAKHAPATNAM.
State: Andhra Pradesh,
IFSC Code: ANDB0002837
Branch Waltair, MICR: 530011020
Branch Code: 000633
Account No: 283710100024089