DSNLU is conducting National Workshop on civil trial advocacy from 1st March to 3rd March 2019.
DSNLU is a National Law University established by State of Andhra Pradesh, situated in a serene hill view surrounding at Sabbavaram, Visakhapatnam.
DSNLU inaugurated the Legal Incubation Centre in 2018. The objective of the Legal Incubation Centre is to develop legal entrepreneurship skills among young lawyers and act as an institutional mechanism to provide services to budding lawyers and law students to effectively learn the art of advocacy and bridge the gap between theory and practice.
OBJECTIVES OF THE WORKSHOP
- To develop Advocacy skills.
- To develop Court room Etiquette.
- The 21st century competitive era expects highly qualified and skilled professionals for practice of law. The law firms expect more than just graduation or basic knowledge of law. In addition to subject knowledge, law firms expect skills of drafting, trial, entrepreneurship, etc.
Such multifaceted skills can only be achieved through regular, systematic, continuous learning and training. The Continuous Legal Education aims at periodical learning and DSLIC aspire to be a part of this process.
The most important skill required for a counsel is drafting and pleading. Budding legal professionals should not only be equipped with English language, but also have legal language both in written and oral form. Even after a few years of practice, many young practitioners at times, lack proficiency to present a case before the Judge. Law gives no chance for a common man to plead ignorance of law, so even if expertise is not a requisite, lack of basic skills places young and budding lawyers to discomfort when they enter the profession.
The purpose of the workshops organized by DSLIC is to: augment their knowledge in theory, put it in practice, equip them with requisite skills to effectively present their case, and protect their client’s interests without jeopardizing client’s legal rights. The DSLIC first conducted a Crime Scene Investigation Competition and a Workshop on the Criminal Trial Advocacy. This time DSLIC is organizing a workshop on Civil Trial Advocacy to be chaired by retired High Court and Trial Court Judges and eminent practitioners.
The workshop on Civil Trial Advocacy proposes to hone the advocacy skills of young practitioners and interested students who have flair, with an aim to instill proficiency to the participants in the field of civil law practice. The three-day workshop emphasizes on the various aspects related to Civil Laws ranging from questions on Torts, Transfer of Property, Commercial Law, Family Law etc., including question of jurisdiction, fact in issue, relevance, appeal, review and revision. It provides a platform to the participants to attain practical knowledge and help them develop their advocacy skills.
- It is a residential program and participants will be provided first class accommodation on the campus, built exclusively for Research and Skill Development Programs.
- The material for the workshop will be sent to the participants after the Registration.
- The pleadings are to be drafted as per the requirements of the court of law (Assuming the jurisdiction to be in Visakhapatnam Courts or the High Court of Andhra Pradesh as per the material that will be mailed). The pleading and arguments are to be drafted on the facts mailed to the center’s email id, representing both the parties.
- The soft copies of the pleadings are to be sent to the e-mail id – email@example.com
- DSLIC promotes minimal usage of paper. So, only the soft copies of the fact sheets for the sessions will be mailed.
- Eligibility – Advocates Enrolled with Bar Association for 0- 5 years. The students who have completed the Procedural and Clinical Papers are also eligible for Registration.
- The Rules for Drafting are:
- Font Style – Times New Roman Font Size – 12
- Line Spacing – 1.5
- Citation Style – 19 Blue Book Edition
- The participants have to attend the Workshop in formals only and be present in all the sessions.
- The last date for Registration is 17 February 2019.
- The Organizing Committee reserves the right to add, amend or repeal any of the above guidelines.
- The registration form and the payment receipt have to be e-mailed to DSLIC on or before 17 February 2019. The registration form to be scanned and sent.
The fee for the three-day workshop includes Food and Accommodation.
Registration Fee: Rs. 4000/-(per participant) Payable through DD/Internet Banking
A/c No: 283710100024089
A/c No: Registrar, Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University
Bank Name: Andhra
Bank Branch: Sabbavaram
IFSC Code: ANDB0002837
Faculty Advisor : Dr. Nandini C.P. firstname.lastname@example.org, 9949221603.
Mr. Arvindh Nath Tripathi ( Convener)
Dr. N. Bhagya Laxmi (Research)
Contact Numbers: DSLIC Members