Textbook on Law of Contract and Specific Relief by Dr. Avtar Singh deals with the Contract Act, 1872 and the Specific Relief Act, 1963. The purpose of Contract Act is to lay down principles for formation of contractual relations and to provide the remedial measure of recovery of damages in the event of one party’s failure to keep his contractual commitments. The Specific Relief Act provides the remedial measures for forcing parties to perform their actual contractual commitments and not avoid performance by just paying compensation for their acts. The Specific Relief Act itself has undergone major amendments.
The following are the notable features of this new edition:
- Latest decisions of Supreme Court, High Court and foreign jurisdictions included.
- Specific Relief (Amendment) Act, 2018 discussed and analysed.
Also included are additional learning resources on www.ebcexplorer.com :
- Access to important case law as indicated by Case PilotTM.
- Discussion ForumTM to post comments, discuss and explore ideas.
- SCC Online® Blog to stay updated on recent happenings of the legal world.
- Useful LinksTM to get access to a compilation of free resources.
Dr. Avtar Singh’s work on Contract and Specific Relief has been extolled by readers and reviewers in India and abroad, due to the clear enunciation of principles, simple language and up-to-date case law and material given therein.
This book is highly recommended for students of law, commerce and management; those appearing in competitive examinations and for those pursuing courses such as ICWA, CA and CS.
The book can be purchased here