The journal is published twice yearly in January and July. The journal is interdisciplinary. The scope of the journal covers the disciplines of social sciences and humanities including sociology, history, political science, economics,
Anthropology, psychology, literature, law and allied subjects. One finds no hard and fast boundaries between social sciences and scientific approaches to understanding of the law. Since law itself is interdisciplinary by its very nature, all sciences, social sciences and humanities are related to it in some way or other. At times they stand at different points on a continuum of analysis and are differentiated more on the basis of different questions they pose and the orientations of the subject. The social sciences, humanities, literature and allied disciplines help to promote comprehensive understanding of this field of study.
The journal aims at the following objectives
1. Since the National law schools are intended to offer integrated program of legal education which includes the components of social sciences such as History, Economics, political Science and Sociology. The journal would fulfil the academic requirements social sciences and legal education.
2. The social sciences would contribute a great deal for providing the necessary background and knowledge for advancement of legal education
3. Social sciences would provide the basis for the development of legal education.
4. To promote interdisciplinary research in social sciences and law
5. The journal would invite articles pertaining to socio- legal issues.
Research based articles are invited on the following themes from the scholars, teachers, students of social sciences, humanities and allied disciplines. The following are the themes for contributing articles to the journal.
1. Human Rights
2. Child Rights
3. Women’s issues
4. Environment issues
7. Indian Culture and Heritage
8. Indian social problems
9. New economic policy
16. Sustainable development
17. Economic development
18. Any Contemporary issues pertaining to social sciences and law
We seek submissions under the following category:
1 Articles 3000 – 4000 words (exclusive of footnotes)
2 Research Paper 5000 – 7000 words (exclusive of footnotes)
3 Book Review 3000 – 5000 words
4 Abstracts 250- 300 Words
1. All manuscripts should be accompanied by an abstract of about 250-300 words outlining the central theme(s) of the research paper.
2. Authors shall declare that the manuscripts submitted for publication do not infringe the copyright of any other person. Except agreed otherwise, the copyright of the content published shall vest with DSNLU, viz. the organizer. However, the organizers shall not be liable for any copyright infringement by the authors.
3. The manuscript must not contain any mention of reference to the author’s name, affiliation or credentials. Such information must be restricted to a separate cover page, which must contain a brief biographical description of the author and include the author’s name, affiliation, qualifications and contact details.
4. Plagiarism will result in the summary rejection of the manuscript.
5. Co-authorship is allowed to a maximum of one co-author.
6. All manuscripts should be emailed to the given email address.
1. All Manuscript must follow ‘Standard Indian Research Citation’ mode of citation. Authors can download mode of citation from (http://www.silcmanual.org).
2. Submission must be in Times New Roman; font size 12 (main text) & line spacing of the main text should be 1.5, 1 inch margin space on both sides and justified.
3. All footnotes must be in Times New Roman Size 10, single spacing and justified.
4. The manuscript submitted must be made in .doc/ .docx.
5. Charts/Tables: These should be made a part of the main text itself.
6. Page numbering should be in the middle of the page.
7. Quotations from primary sources: In italics, within inverted commas and duly acknowledged in the footnotes.
1. Authors, upon submission, must communicate their acceptance of the following conditions:
2. The work, upon publication, becomes the property of Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University.
3. Permissions for subsequent publication/reprint and/or derivative works must be obtained from DSNLU.
4. The Editorial Board & the University retains complete discretion over acceptance / rejection of manuscripts.
5. Editorial decisions to publish shall be based solely on the review of the final manuscripts submitted by the authors.
6. The acceptance of manuscripts post-review may be made contingent on the incorporation of such suggestions as communicated by Editorial Board.
7. Authors of accepted articles are entitled to receive a complimentary Printed/Electronic copy of the issue in which their article has been published.
Last Date for Abstract Submission 15th July, 2019.
Last Date for Full Paper Submission 16th Sep, 2019