Vivekananda School of Law and Legal Studies (VSLLS), proudly announces the 1st VIPS-IPR National Students’ Conference, 31st August, 2019, Saturday.
1st VIPS IPR National Conference in Intellectual Property Right in Information Age: Global Response, is a one day national conference for the delegates to make presentation in the forthcoming areas of IPR. Some areas like, human rights, GMO’s, virtual world, etc. needs specific reflection by the young minds. The delegates may take up IPR and related areas for making an effective contribution in the Conference.
The conference focuses on the leading issues of IPR in India which helps the students to gain an understanding about the various practices of Patents, Trademarks and Copyrights legal fora in India.
The last date for registration is 20th August 2019.
RULES AND GUIDELINES
All the students from all the fields are eligible to submit the paper. There is no age limit.
- THEMES FOR CONFERENCE PAPER SUBMISSION
The delegates have to submit their Conference Paper on any one of the theme or sub-themes given below:
Intellectual Property Right in Information Age: Global Response
1.1. IPR Jurisprudence: A way forward
1.2. IPR, Trade and Human Rights
1.3. Upcoming challenges and it’s response in IPR
1.4. GMO’s v. Traditional knowledge
1.5. IPR legislations and Implementation tools
1.6. Prospect of IPR in virtual world
1.7. Any other related area
- GUIDELINES FOR RESEARCH PAPER SUBMISSION
- Submissions should be in Times New Roman, 12 font size with 1.5 line spacing, Justified Text and 1 inch margins on all sides of an A4 sheet besides the centre aligned page number at the bottom of each page.
- Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 along with single line spacing.
- Graphics, Charts, Tables, and Diagrams should be numbered consecutively and included in the body of the work. Submission must be compatible with Microsoft Word.
- The Power Point Presentation (PPT) of the research paper is not allowed.
- All the submissions must be emailed at email@example.com along with a cover page with the Title of the Research Paper and Name of the delegate.
- Each submission should be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 300 words.
- The submission must be the original work of the delegate. Any form of plagiarism will lead to immediate disqualification.
- Submitted entries must not have been sent for consideration at any other place for presentation or publication.
- Authorities are to be cited according to the Harvard Blue Book (19th Edition) citation style. Delegates are required to adhere to the same.
- Copyright of all the submissions shall exclusively vest with VSLLS, VIPS.
- REGISTRATION FOR CONFERENCE PAPER SUBMISSION
- Who can register: Students of graduation/ post graduation/ M. Phil/Ph.D/ of any recognized university having interest in IPR.
- The registration amount per delegate is Rs. 2000/.
- Each paper will get 10 minutes to present the Conference Paper.
- The soft copy of the Conference Paper shall be submitted latest by 11:59 PM on 20th August 2019, Sunday
- The Conference Paper should be a minimum of 1200 words to maximum of 1500 words, excluding footnotes.
- AWARD – BEST DELEGATE
The best conference paper presentation shall be awarded with
- Certificate of ‘BEST DELEGATE’
- Cash Prize of Rs. 5000/
- Publication in the VIPS Student Law Review (VSLR) ISSN (Online) – 2582-0303, ISSN (Print) – 2582-0311 or Vivekananda Journal of Research (VJR) ISSN No. 2319-8702, ISSN(Print)- 2319-8702
Dr. Deepti Kohli