S.O. 2903(E).—Whereas, the use of Aadhaar as identity document for delivery of services or benefits or subsidies simplifies the Government delivery processes, brings in transparency and efficiency, and enables beneficiaries to get their entitlements directly in a convenient and seamless manner and Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity;
And whereas, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (hereinafter referred to as the Ministry) in the Government of India is administering the Fee Reimbursement to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes under Manpower Development Scheme (hereinafter referred to as the Scheme), implemented through National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (hereinafter referred to as the Implementing Agency) under Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology;
And whereas, under the aforesaid Scheme, financial assistance is given to the Implementing Agency to provide free of cost training (hereinafter referred to as the benefit) to the candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (hereinafter referred to as the beneficiaries), who meet the criteria as defined in the extant Scheme guidelines, on the National Skills Qualifications Framework complied courses for the employability, entrepreneurship creation and to initiate and promote activities in Information and Communications Technology across the country;
And whereas, the aforesaid Scheme involves recurring expenditure incurred from the Consolidated Fund of India;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the provisions of section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (18 of 2016) (hereinafter referred to as the said Act), the Central Government hereby notifies the following, namely:-
1. (1) Every beneficiary eligible for receiving the benefit under the Scheme shall be required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar number or undergo Aadhaar authentication.
(2) Every beneficiary desirous of availing the benefit under the Scheme, who does not possess the Aadhaar number or has not yet enrolled for Aadhaar shall have to apply for Aadhaar enrolment within thirty days of the commencement of the training, provided he or she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per the provisions of section 3 of the said Act and such persons may visit any Aadhaar enrolment centre (list available at Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) website www.uidai.gov.in) for Aadhaar enrolment.
(3) As per regulation 12 of the Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) Regulations, 2016, the Ministry through its Implementing Agency, is required to offer Aadhaar enrolment facilities for the beneficiaries who are not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, and in case there is no Aadhaar enrolment centre located in the respective Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the Ministry through its Implementing Agency shall provide Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient locations in coordination with the existing Registrars of UIDAI or by itself becoming UIDAI Registrar:
Provided that till the time Aadhaar is assigned to the beneficiary, benefit under the Scheme shall be given to such beneficiaries, subject to production of the following documents, namely:-
(a) (i) if enrolled, Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip of the beneficiary; or
(ii) a copy of request made for Aadhaar enrolment, as specified in sub-paragraph (2) of paragraph 2; and
(b) any of the following documents:
(i) Bank Passbook or Post office Passbook with photo; or (ii) Voter identity card; or (iii) Ration Card; or (iv) Permanent Account Number Card; or (v) Driving license issued by the Licensing Authority under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 (59 of 1988); or (vi) MGNREGS Card; or (vii) Kisan Photo Passbook; or (viii) Passport; or (ix) Certificate of Identity having photo of such person issued by a Gazetted Officer or a Tehsildar on an official letter head; or (x) Any other document as specified by the Ministry:
Provided further that the above documents shall be checked by an officer specifically designated by the Ministry for that purpose.
2. In order to provide convenient and hassle-free benefits to the beneficiaries under the Scheme, the Ministry through its Implementing Agency shall make all the required arrangements including the following, namely:-
(1) Wide publicity through media and individual notices shall be given to the beneficiaries to make them aware of the requirement of Aadhaar under the Scheme and they may be advised to get themselves enrolled at the nearest Aadhaar enrolment centres available in their areas, in case they are not already enrolled. The list of locally available enrolment centres shall be made available to them.
(2) In case, the beneficiaries under the Scheme are not able to enrol for Aadhaar due to non-availability of enrolment centres in the vicinity such as in the Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the Ministry through its Implementing Agency shall provide Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient locations, and the beneficiaries may be requested to register their requests for Aadhaar enrolment by giving their names, addresses, mobile numbers and other details as specified in the first proviso to sub-paragraph (3) of paragraph 1, with the designated officials of the Ministry or Implementing Agency or through the web portal provided for the purpose.
(3) In case, the beneficiaries under the Scheme who have enrolled for Aadhaar, however, are not able to produce Aadhaar number for any reason whatsoever, the Ministry through its Implementing Agency shall provide “Search My Aadhaar” facility through UIDAI’s Enrolment and Update Client by facilitating Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient locations, and the beneficiaries may be requested to search their Aadhaar in assisted mode by giving their name, address, mobile number, finger-prints and other details, with the operator required to search beneficiary’s Aadhaar, subject to the provisions of the said Act and regulations made thereunder, with respect to restriction on sharing, circulating or publishing of Aadhaar number.
3. In all cases, where Aadhaar authentication fails due to poor biometrics of beneficiaries or due to any other reason, the following exception handling mechanisms shall be adopted, namely:-
(a) in case of poor fingerprint quality, IRIS scan facility shall be adopted for authentication, thereby the Ministry through its Implementing Agency make provisions for IRIS scanners along with fingerprint scanners for delivery of benefits in a seamless manner;
(b) in case of difficulty in fingerprints or IRIS authentication of senior citizens of the beneficiaries, face authentication shall be used. The Ministry through its Implementing Agency shall make arrangements for face authentication wherever feasible, for those beneficiaries whose other modes of authentication fail;
(c) in case of biometric authentication through fingerprints or IRIS or face authentication is not successful, wherever feasible and admissible authentication by Aadhaar OTP or TOTP with limited time validity, as the case may be, shall be preferred;
(d) in all other cases where biometric or OTP authentication is not possible, benefits may be given on the basis of physical Aadhaar letter whose authenticity can be verified through the QR code printed on the Aadhaar letter. For this, the Ministry through its Implementing Agency shall provide QR code readers at point of service delivery to read QR code printed on Aadhaar Letter on E-Aadhaar which allows verifying the authenticity of Aadhaar Card in offline manner. This QR code shall preferably be read through Secure QR code reader developed by UIDAI as it provides digitally signed details of Aadhaar Holder. In all such cases the benefits may be provided after duly recording the transaction in the exception handling register made for this purpose, which is to be reviewed and audited periodically by the Ministry. Maintenance of these registers and periodic inspection will be an essential component of exception handling mechanism.
4. This notification shall come into effect from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette in all the States and Union territories except the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
Ministry of Information and Electronics Technology
[Notification dt. 10-08-2019]