WBNUJS announced the inception of the IDIA Accessibility Lab. This shall be the first accessibility lab in any law school in India. This lab shall tremendously help differently-abled students not only from our University but from all across India as the data generated in this lab will be freely accessible.
This lab will have the following equipment’s:
- Index Basic-D V5 Braille Embosser
- Braille Paper Tractor Feed
- Angel India (Pocket Reader)
- Duxbury Braille Translator
- Jaws Talking Screen Reader for Blind
- Open Book Scanning and Reading Software
- New Computers.
The IDIA Accessibility Lab is funded by Late. Prof. (Dr) Shamnad Basheer`s path-breaking initiative, Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access (IDIA) to legal education.