GNLU Centre for Banking and Financial Laws (GCBFL) is organizing a One-day National Symposium on “Demystifying the Interface between Banking and IBC”on 21st September, 2019.
- Mr. Anish Mashruwala, Partner, J. Sagar Associates
- Mr. M R Umarji, Former Member, Bankruptcy Law Reform Committee
- Dr. P. Syamjith, Chief Manager (Law), State Bank of India, Corporate Clients Group Regional Office Ahmedabad
- Mr. Bikash Jhawar Partner, Luthra and Luthra
About the Programme:
Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 (IBC) is one of the greatest economic reform in the Indian history. This Code has been a paradigm shift from the earlier debt recovery legislations like the Sick Industrial Companies Act (SICA) and Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Securities Interest Act (SARFAESI) and is playing a critical role in reshaping the behaviour of borrowers. As efficient insolvency law is vital for the stability in financial systems and fundamental to economic growth, with its substantial growth, IBC has successfully set a benchmark in the financial sector. This One-day National Symposium will focus on the intrinsic relationship of IBC with banks, law related to recovery of Non Performing Assets, interpretation and challenges of IBC and efficacy of insolvency resolution process under IBC. The participants will gain insights into the contemporary issues and challenges related to IBC and banking sector. The symposium will bring together all the stakeholders, students, professionals, experts, policy-makers and academics at one platform for dissemination of knowledge.
- INR 1000/- (GNLU Students)
- INR 1500/- (Non-GNLU Students)
- INR 2000/- (Academics/ Scholars/ Professionals)
Registration Fee and Process:
The participants are required to submit their registration form and fee before 19 September, 2019.
Last Date of Applying: 19th September, 2019.
- Ms. Garima Goswami (Convener), Assistant Professor of Law & Centre Director, GNLU Centre for Banking and Financial Laws.
- Ms. Harsha Rajwanshi, Assistant Professor of Law, GNLU
- Mr. Soaham Bajpai, Assistant Professor of Law, GNLU
- Ms. Heena Goswami, Assistant Professor of Science and Technology, GNLU
- Ms. Sakshi Walia, Teaching and Research Associate, GNLU
For more details, feel free to contact:
Ms. Sakshi Walia,
Teaching and Research Associate, GNLU Centre for Banking and Financial Laws (GCBFL)
Email Id- email@example.com
Phone no. – +91 8218342338
For more details, BFE