The Centre for Transnational Commercial Law at National Law University, Delhi, in collaboration with INSOL India and Society of Insolvency Practitioners of India (SIPI), supported by the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) and the UNCITRAL RCAP, organised the 3rd Insolvency and Bankruptcy Moot Competition, 2019 on 11th and 12th November 2019.
Insolvency and Bankruptcy Moot Competition is the first Competition curated on the subject of insolvency after the enactment of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 (IBC). The format of the Competition is based on the corporate insolvency resolution process envisaged under the IBC. This year we saw participation of 38 teams from various law schools across India out of which 8 shortlisted teams competed with each other in the oral rounds held from 11-12 November 2019.
The finals were judged by a bench of –
- Dr. M S Sahoo, Chairperson, IBBI
- Mr. Bahram Vakil, Founding Partner, AZB
- Mr. Amarjit Singh CHandhiok, Chairperson, INSOL India
The winners of the competition were-
- NLUSRL Ranchi and JGLS as joint-winners
- RGNLU Patiala- Best Memo
- Apoorva Madan of JGLS- Best Speaker (Prelims)
- Akshay Sharma of NLUSRL Ranchi- Best Speaker (Finals)