Smt. Justice Manjula Chellur took oath as Chairperson, Appellate Tribunal for Electricity, Ministry of Power, on 13-08-2018. Prior to this, Smt. Justice Manjula Chellur was Chief Justice of the Bombay High Court. Tribunal Bar Association President Shri M.G. Ramachandran assured the Bench for full cooperation of the Bar Members in day to day business.
- Smt. Justice Manjula Chellur was born on 5-12-1955 in Karnataka.
- She received her Bachelor of Arts degree from Allum Sunmangalamma Women’s College, Bellary, and went on to earn her law degree from Renukacharya Law College, Bangalore.
- In 1977, the Supreme Court of India sponsored her on a Gender & Law fellowship to England’s University of Warwick.
- In 2013, she received an honorary doctorate from Karnataka State Women’s University.
- She was the first woman Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court and also served as the Chief Justice of Kerala High Court and the first female judge of the Karnataka High Court. She demitted her office as Chief Justice of Bombay High Court upon attaining the age of superannuation on 4-12-2017.