As per Rule 3 of Rules of ICHR, New Delhi, 1972, the Government has reconstituted the Council of Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR), New Delhi for a period of three years w.e.f. the date of the first meeting of the re-constituted Council i.e. 07.01.2019 to 06.01.2022 and the composition of the Council is as follows:
- An eminent historian nominated by the Government of India who shall be Chairman of the Council;
- Eighteen historians nominated by the Government of India;
- A Representative of the U.G.C;
- Director-General of Archaeology;
- Director, National Archives;
- Four persons to represent Government who shall be nominated by the Government of India and which shall include one representative each of the Ministry of Education, the Department of Culture and the Ministry of Finance; and Member Secretary.
Ministry of Human Resource Development